We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do the locals eat?

Griffin, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Where do the locals eat?

We're wondering where the locals eat? We will be traveling in the area next week on motorcycles and don't want to break the bank on food. Would love to find a nice hole in the wall grill. Also interested in finding someplace that maybe overlooks a river or water of some kind for a nice late lunch. Any suggestions?

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do the locals eat?

Best Italian in GB fits that bill... if you sit outside, right on the river... sooo nice and regular pizza place prices. If you want a real hole in the wall place... and you are staying in Sevierville, check out the Rustic Barn Restaurant. We came upon this place and it is literally in someones backyard in an old barn. Good food, really charming and interesting.

tnhomeandfarm.com/index.php/site/food/articl…

Griffin, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do the locals eat?

Thanks so much! I usually look for locals license plates to determine if the place is overrated or not! We like good food & atmosphere & good service. But I can eat at any of the chain restaurants at home. When I'm on vacation, I like to try something a little different.

Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do the locals eat?

There are 2 new restaurants and both are awesome.

One is the "Partridge and Pear" which is next door to, and owned by Christmas Place. I would rate it #1 in the county in terms of fine dining. The prices are reasonable considering the high quality of food. The building is beautiful, service, everything is first class.

The other is "Bistro 109" located in downtown Sevierville at 109 Bruce Street. Also fine dining and very reasonably priced. In my opinion, they could raise their prices, but don't tell them. Cozy, charming, usually quiet and few locals even know about it yet. They let you brown bag because they don't yet have a liquor license, which means you can bring your own booze and they sell you inexpensive setups.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do the locals eat?

El Mesquite in Sevierville! Very Good!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do the locals eat?

Another vote for Best Italian.Every time we go there is a group of men sitting out on the patio talking and drinking beer.We saw them in April and again in June.I asked if they lived in the area and they said yes.A few of them own a business in town and the other men were friends and they said that was there gathering place.There is also a Pancake House off 321(E.Parkway) I think on Ogle Dr that alot of locals go to also.

Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do the locals eat?

Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain BBQ in Sevierville doesn't overlook anything but the highway but the food is good. Love me some BBQ ribs! Will be there in a couple of weeks.

sevierville/ pigeon...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do the locals eat?

The Partridge and Pear in PF is really nice. For Italian, Best Italian's pizza and garlic knots or Gondolier which also has descent Greek food and huge desserts are great. For Mexican, La Carreta has great chicken and chorizo sausage and No Way Jose's has good nachos and great bean dip for sharing. North China in Gburg has good food for cozy takeout nights, and if you like sushi or hibachi, Little Tokyo in PF is really yummy. For a great lunch or holiday dinner/ afternoon tea try The Wild Plum in the Glades, reeeeally wonderful!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do the locals eat?

I have asked about North China in Gatlinburg and wanted to try them but everytime I walk by them noone is ever there.I dont know how they stay in business and they arent right on the Parkway but in a breezeway.I will have to try them next trip.

sevierville/ pigeon...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do the locals eat?

Really good food, very quiet. They have wonderful take out, and free parking to pick it up which is a very handy little perk in Gburg. There's a little parking lot right behind them on River Rd. You just have to let them know you're picking up your order. It's very nice after a long day at work, hiking, shopping, or just romantic, relaxing night in with movies & dinner, also very nice not to have to pay for Gatlinburg parking just to get dinner. A tasty little secret with easy access from Parkway or River Rd. Enjoy!

Edited: 06 January 2011, 06:14
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where do the locals eat?

We always park in the parking lot close to North China and Hellbenders.Thank you for letting me know about the free park to pick up food I didnt know that.I love chinese food but my hubby doesnt and it would be nice to get it togo and eat at the park or at the cabin or hotel room.

Get answers to your questions about Sevierville
Recent Conversations