We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

Pittsboro, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

My husband and I rented a cabin in Sevierville, TN (in Sterling Springs) from April 1st - April 5th. We needed some time to get away from work and the commitments at home. I'm sure we'll enjoy our alone time together in the cabin - but would like some recommendations from the romantics/locals out there on some ideas for things to do outside the cabin that will make our mini vacation special.

We like hiking, nature, wildlife, waterfalls, mountains. My husband loves a good burger, a good beer, as well as desserts. We both like red wines that aren's sweet - cab, pinot noir, etc. My favorite food is seafood that isn't fried.

Thanks for your advice on any (or all) criteria above. We already have the cabin rented - so we won't need any recommendations on lodging - just food, activities, etc.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

The Smoky Mountain Brewery, located in Gatlinburg about 2 blocks before you enter the GSMNP is a good choice for beer. Richt nextto it is Cherokee Grill, good for dinner. Across the street and a block closer to the Park is one of the wineries located on the Rocky Top Wine Trail for wine tasting and wine by the bottle. http://www.rockytopwineries.com/

Level Contributor
1,357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

I would reccommend several places in the National Park, but since you are staying all the way in Sevierville, you probably aren't going to be driving back and forth to the Park every day..

Pittsboro, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

Thanks- but I'd still love your suggestions even though we are staying in Sevierville.

4. Re: Suggestions for much needed Romantic Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville