We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing license for Townsend

Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Fishing license for Townsend

If you stay in Townsend and are from out of state can you fish outside the park with a temporary out of state 3 day permit? I know you can fish in the park but we have a cabin rented along the Little River in Townsend and want to fish by the cabin. We are also over 65 and would we get any special benefits for senior citizens?

Townsend, TN
Level Contributor
17 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing license for Townsend

Nonresident Fishing Licenses

Type 076 - NR Annual Fishing No Trout * - $41.00

Type 077 - NR 3 Day Fishing No Trout * - $16.50

Type 078 - NR 3 Day Fishing All Species - $33.50

Type 079 - NR 10 Day Fishing No Trout * - $25.50

Type 080 - NR 10 Day Fishing All Species - $50.50

Type 081 - NR Annual Fishing All Species - $81.00

* Nonresident "No Trout" licenses allow you to fish for trout inside the boundaries of the GSMNP and in warmwater lakes and streams outside the park. They do NOT allow you to fish in designated trout water in the state of Tennessee. Little River through Townsend, West Prong of Little Pigeon through Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, the Clinch River, Tellico River etc are designated as trout water.

I got this from this website: smokycabins.com/Fishing%20License%20Info.htm. I did not see where a nonresident could get a break if they are a senior citizen.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing license for Townsend

Whew!! I can't believe it's that much for out of state fishing. At those license prices it's almost worth going to the Tuckaleechee Trout Farm, fish there, and have them cook it for you.

3. Re: Fishing license for Townsend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Townsend