We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Townsend Restaurants open in November

Mississippi
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Townsend Restaurants open in November

What restaurants are open in Townsend in November? We are planning on a stay the week of Thanksgiving. When we were there in June I was told which ones closed for the season but can't remember what they were.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

We have only eaten in Townsend a couple of times and I dont know what restaurants will be open or close but if you click on the link below it list all the restaurants in Townsend and some also provides menu's.You can also call the Chamber of Commerce and they should have a list.We are coming up for Christmas and the Chamber gave me a list of what was open or closed.We are also coming up for a week in November but I know most places will be open the first week of November.

http://discovertownsend.com/_dine/aadine.htm

http://www.townsendchamber.org/

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

I can reccomend a restaurant in Townsend for you. It's not very fancy, or very expensive. The restaurant is called the "Back Porch" restaurant. It's located right on the main street thru Townsend. The place is a friendly, and homey, family type place to get a good home-cooked dinner at a reasonable price. My wife and I have stopped there a few times.

Ray

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

ema2knm, it's me again Ray The address to the "Back Porch Restaurant" is at 7016 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.......phone number 1-865-448-6333. I hope it's to your liking.

Ray

Mississippi
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

We stay in Townsend when we go - this will be the 5th time we kids. Love the Back Porch. We always eat there at least once when we come up. Just wasn't sure who would still be open in November - I know some of the restaurants close down part of the year.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

When we go through Townsend heading to the park we will pick up sandwiches, etc from Apple Valley Farm (I think thats the name) for a picnic in the park. They are about 2 miles from where Wears Valley road ends and you turn to go to the park. They are the opposite way from the park. They have some really good home made chips.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

I saw this article recently and have put the Laurel Valley Restaurant at the golf courses club house on my list of places to try some time. I have no experience with it but it sounds interesting.

knoxville.com/news/…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

We like to eat at Miss Lily's Cafe. It's not on the parkway, but just a block off. Love it there!

http://www.lilybarn.com/ms_lilys_cafe.html

8. Re: Townsend Restaurants open in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Townsend