We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Place to Try

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Topic
Another Place to Try

Has anyone tried Miss Lillies Cafe at the Lilly Barn in Townsend? I am thinking about trying it in April. It looks like one of those charming off the beaten path kind of place.

http://www.lilybarn.com/ms_lilys_cafe.html

Townsend, TN
Level Contributor
17 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Place to Try

I have eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times. I have also heard that Sister Cat's is very good, too. I am going there soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Place to Try

Thanks ruby - I think we'll try it.

Greensboro, NC
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Place to Try

Miss Lily's is great. The menu has many choices and the food has been consistently good each time I have eaten there. It is also right off the main drag, so not really off the beaten path. The Lily Barn is a separate business though owned by the same folks. It is about 3 miles away, has a plant nursery and lily fields. I have stayed in one of their rental cabins when I attend Christyfest each June. Enjoy your time in Townsend.

Beachcomber

Atlanta GA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Place to Try

Ate here April 14 2007. The fresh herbs and tender garden salad greens, warm foods that were served hot, tasty everyday soup, and friendly wait staff made this our new favorite for Townsend, Tennessee restaurants. The owner greeted us with a how do you do. The appetizer was really a meal. They have good ice tea. The atmosphere is faux country charming, bright, hardwood floors, very clean and neat. A precious busboy kept trolling our area for used dishes and water glasses to fill. A pastry display case up front tempts you to take home dessert or a morning Danish. Very fair prices. Our $40 dinner tab included a pot roast bread bowl with grilled aspharagus (fresh vegetables are hard to find in this town's eateries), an herb roasted half-chicken with spinach bake, a bowl of soup or salad with each entree, an appetizer we split, 2 ice teas, and an opener of two complementary corn muffins. I'm full. Go often.

5. Re: Another Place to Try

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 11:18