We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which dude ranch

Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
which dude ranch

We are coming to Texas next June. I know that is a long time away, but there is lots of planning to do! I have a 13 year old daughter who wants to see the "real Texas" complete with cactus, tumbleweed, and all the cowboys with their horses and cattle. We will be going to Cowtown for a couple days to get in the rodeo. We will also be in San Antonio area for about 5 days. We are wanting to stay at a dude ranch for 2 nights. I have read alot about the horse rides at many of these. We will not be able to do the horses because of a weight issue. With that in mind, which of the Bandera ranches would you say is the best? We are looking ofr a REAL Texan experience.

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which dude ranch

We just returned from the Dixie Dude Ranch in Bandera, TX which is about 45 minutes north west of San Antonio. Bandera is supposed to be the Cowboy capital of Texas, per their website.

We loved the Dixie Dude Ranch. The weight limit for horseback riding is 240lbs. If you go to the Bandera Texas website they have all of the dude ranches listed. From there you can go to each individual website to check out their activities.

As for the Dixie Dude Ranch, they provide 3 meals a day except for supper on Sunday. The food is great!! The trailrides were great. They had a nice pool area. The scenery was beautiful and relaxing.

2. Re: which dude ranch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 09:19