We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving 2011

Which College Station hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving 2011

What restaurants are open in Bryan/College Station for Thanksgiving dinner?

9 replies to this topic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

not a first choice, but an option would be Luby's... if no one else responds, I would contact the food writer at http://www.theeagle.com/ or just check their on line edition...usually the info is published a few days prior to T-giving

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

Cafe Eccel has good food and a nice atmosphere. Not sure if they'd be open though, so call to check. Where is the big game this year?

http://www.cafeeccell.com/menu.htm

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

If the game is in town this year, then I would think almost every restaurant would be open.

Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

The TAMU-tu game is in College Station this year so I imagine almost every restaurant will be open. If there is one specific one you have in mind you might wish to call ahead and ask.

If you're talking about restaurants that are serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, that's a different question. I haven't heard anything at this moment but I can keep an eye out, see if anyone advertises and let you know.

Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

volcanogirl, if you haven't been to Cafe Eccell in awhile they've changed their menu. They now serve the lunch menu all day. It's not bad, by any mean, but if you're expecting the fine dining menu you'll be disappointed.

I highly recommend Madden's as an alternative. Great food, service and atmosphere. Ask for the roasted marshmallow ice cream after dinner. It's not on the menu, but it's fantastic.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner---preferably a buffet. I lived in B/CS for 50 years and I know the Hilton used to always have one. This year I'm broke and have adult kids who don't care for the Hilton or anyplace "fancy". We may end up at Luby's.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

Thanks for the heads up, Shutter Bug. Do they at least still have those wonderful strawberry tarts?

How is The Republic steakhouse? Someone recommended it, but we've never tried it.

Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

volcanogirl, yes they still have those awesome strawberry tarts. And you can just buy the cinnamon tart shell and munch on that for dessert. You can buy all Cafe Eccell desserts at La Bodega across the street as well. I haven't been to the Republic, but I also keep hearing about them.

Peggy B, as I was walking through the tailgate area last weekend I saw a sign for a Thanksgiving Dinner and concert to raise money for the Bonfire Memorial Fund.The event will take place at Simpson Drill Field. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for kids and free for infants. You can buy tickets online at the MSC box office. They tack on a $2.50 per ticket fee and a $2 fee per online order. More info: http://feedthespirit.tamu.edu/

Also, Sbisa Dining Hall on campus will be hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner. Details: http://food.tamu.edu/calendar/index.stm#1124 Tickets are $9.75+ tax for adults. Parking is available at Northside garage. Make reservations by emailing dining@tamu.edu and include your name, number in your group and your phone number.

Most restaurants will be open. Even Freebirds stated they'll be opening at 11 am.

I'll continue keeping an eye for other restaurants that are serving Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving 2011

Thanks, ShutterBug!

Reply to: Thanksgiving 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about College Station