We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation close to home

Which Conroe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houstonish
2 posts
Save Topic
Vacation close to home

My job requires that I travel and I have some vacation time coming up so I'd like to use my vacation home (a.k.a. my house) and vacation close to home. I live in the Conroe, Woodlands, Spring area and I'm looking for some interesting things to do to make a memorable vacation. Recommendations are welcomed!!

Thanks,

T

Conroe, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation close to home

What kinds of things do you enjoy? Do you have kids or other family members to consider? Ages? I have lived in this area for 35 years (most of my life) so I may have some ideas...depending on your interests and/or if you have kids...I do, so most of my thoughts these days center around places to take them... :)

Houstonish
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation close to home

It looks like it will just be me on vacation. I'm single with no kids. I've asked family and friends if they'd be interested in joining but they are all busy. I like shopping, but hate to see the pocketbook shrink. I love looking at things, like antique shops, history, landmarks, and I do have an interest in learning about the area. It's beautiful. I love water and I've seen the jet ski's that can be rented, thought about trying that out as I've never been on one. I like being on a boat but I think that's a group activity. I always like learning something new and trying new things at least once. I like animals, I've even been looking into horseback riding and lessons lately. And I love creating things, arts, crafts, love it.

Thanks,

t

3. Re: Vacation close to home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 19:21
Get answers to your questions about Conroe