We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Beach beach house

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Beach beach house

Does anyone have a recommendation for a beachfront house with direct beach view and access? We need a minimum of 3 bedroom 2 bath house. I am not familiar with this area, but we are traveling with my aged mother of 88 and need a place within about 5 hours of home max. This seems to fit. All we want is a place to sit and relax, walk the beach, watch sunsets, birds, dolphins and boats and maybe even fish some. If you don't know specifically, would you recommend rental agencies? Thanks.

Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crystal Beach beach house

Oh, I'm so glad that you enjoyed Crystal Beach! We had a good time, too. The weather was great and the water was nice....very little seaweed. The fishing wasn't real good though....for my husband anyway. He caught some sharks and a sea turtle. Luckily the sea turtle was okay and quickly sent back to sea. At low tide everyday there was a pool that was perfect for the grandsons to play in and collect hermit crabs (we let them go everyday). I was so busy with the boys that I didn't hunt as much for shark's teeth, but I did find about 20. I got some wrong information about the lazy river/ water slide; it wasn't open, but that was okay. We were happy that the wild "Zoo" wasn't there anymore. As far as eating out, the Tiki Hut has awesome hamburgers! The mosquitoes were bad in the grass around the cabin, but my husband sprayed Cutters all around and that worked real good. We were able to sit on the deck until late each night, enjoying that wonderful breeze. We rented Key Lime Pie for 10 days from Swedes. We will rent it again next year. Anyway, love it, love it, and glad you had fun too.

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Crystal Beach beach house

I took a picture of Key Lime Pie and told my family of your recomendation. We also liked Texas Star and took pictures of it too. Not sure if you looked at that one. I looked for shark's teeth but never found any. I did find a broken base of a statue with duck feet probably washed up from Ike and and old coconut. We cut the coconut up for the fun of it, rotten of course, but interesting. I collected plenty of shells and will glue to the statue base as a souvineer and place in the bottom of my greenhouse here at home.

I think we'll be back to Crystal Beach one day, in matter of fact, I just know it. We enjoyed the ferry to Galveston too. We were there for the full moon, which was wonderful. I was gifted a perfect sunrise my last day there. We watched the sunset from the lighthouse area and again by Stingarees. We saw a wedding party at the bed and breakfast near us too.

We sprayed mosquito spray on us most of the time. When on the deck it was normally ok but for one night when the breeze was low. That night we just stayed in.

Thanks for all the Crystal Beach info. It's been fun.

Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Crystal Beach beach house

Glad you both had fun. Come again often! If you're looking for a winter vacation, it's awesome down there. The rates are reduced and there are very few people on the beach. I love sitting outside with a blanket and hot chocolate, watching the waves. If you are a member of facebook, find re/max and leave them a message about your stay. I'm sure they'd love to hear about it. :)

14. Re: Crystal Beach beach house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach