We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

We are thinking of traveling to Dallas for the Patriots Game. We have a group (about 12 people) who try to go to a different away game every year.

So you Cowboys fans, help us out. I know it's hard, but I promise, if you ever travel to New England, there's many TA regulars who will help you out.

If you were traveling to Dallas, what you you recommend for the sports fan. Hotels, restaurants, night life, tickets for the game?????

Thanks

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

Bump

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

What are the age ranges?

Price ranges for hotel and dinner?

Any particular type of food or just general suggestions?

Night life: To your group is it considered more fun at a dance club, or having beer with a live band?

Answering these questions will help us!!!

As far as tickets go, a friend of mine bought some through craigslist. I'm not sure about 12 tickets in the same row. If I were you I'd start now for such a large groups, or figure out how you could split up.

We're looking forward to helping you!!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

Hi Andream

Our group ranges in age from 40-55 with a couple of our 24 yr old sons. To explain our group isn't easy, but we've been know to have an exceptionally good time when it comes to our beverages. so sports bars and beer with live music is probably the best way to explain us. Margarahitas are also a favorite

We like steak houses, and have been know to dance at least once during the long weekend. We girls try to talk the guys into a bit of sightseeing and also try to get at least one afternoon of shopping at smaller shops (try to avoid malls with with stuff we can find at home)

We'd like a hotel within walking distance of nightlife, but is somewhat safe. We will have cars so driving is not a problem.. We don't need the frills, but a pool is nice and lite morning breakfast , otherwise we try to find bloody marys and eggs.

As far as the game goes, we can usually find tickets so fortunately that part is easy.

Thanks for getting back to me and I can't wait to hear from all the wondeful folks in the Dallas area with their sugestions.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

One idea would be Hotel Palomar. It is close to a DART light rail station so you could ride it to downtown and the 6th floor museum and for sightseeing, right by Mockingbird Station and the Angelika for some restaurants and movies, not far from Greenville for some bar hopping (I would take a cab), near Uptown for more restaurants and bars. Adair's Saloon, near Deep Ellum, off of Commerce is an old, funky C&W joint (www.adairssaloon.com)

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

Another idea is the Gaylord in Grapevine. Has everthing and is located almost in the middle of the metro plex.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

These suggestions are great - please - keep them coing!!!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

We decided on the Hyatt Regency Dallas. Got a rate of $528 pr person for rt flight & hotel for 4 nights through Travelocity. Better than if we tried to book seperately.

Any suggestions on a day trip outside of DFW for some New England folks.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

This isn't exactly a day trip outside of DFW but you might want to check out the State Fair of Texas - it is fabulous (IMHO)

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Looks like we could spend several days, but there's definately enough to interest everyone in our group. I think we'll definately spend a day there.

Mansfield, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cowboys/Patriots Game - The Perfect Weekend?

The Cowboy fans will forgive you for being Patriot fans! J/k... I am a die hard Cowboy fan but I do respect true die hard fans of other teams. What I mean a true die hard fan is someone who is with them throught the good and the bad, the winning and the loosing. So I hope you are one of those. I have always either bought my tickets throught the Cowboys ticket office or ticketmaster. If you don't mind sitting in the end zone or the corners at the bottom, you can usually get tickets pretty cheap down in that area. I am talking around 50 dollars or so a ticket. Everybody always thinks that tickets that cheap would be for the nose bleed section but not true. Good luck on game day. But hopefully the Cowboys will be victorious that day. :) What kind of music does you group like? My neighbor is in a band. They play rock and roll music and not for sure what else. They have a website. Here it is: www.thetonemasters.net. You can go on a see picture of what each band member looks like and what music they play. They play songs by the Eagles, ZZTop, CCR, The Bealtes and etc. The long haired guy is my neighbor. Let me know if interested and I can find out where they will be playing for you when you are here in the Metroplex. Email me at tammyscowboys@hotmail.com As far as Hotels, I love the Embassy Suites at DFW. 1 bedroom suites and six people can sleep to each suite. They have an awesome free breakfast every morning. Of course, it is included in the price of your room but you can order what you want. Omelets, pancakes, different kinds of meats. The one by the Galleria mall does the same thing, I think. It would be between Dallas and Ft. Worth. The one at DFW that is. Good luck. Let me know if interested in the band, Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Dallas