We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

I titled the last message wrong. I don't care about the Rodeo. I care about the party. Four of us going now. All mid 30's and prefer to be among the upscale party crowd, but can have fun with all crowds. We were really hoping for a hotel that was in walking distance of the best party area. So, which party area is the best? Which has the most diverse clubs and the most numbered?

Which area is going to have the best looking crowd?

Which area stays open the latest?

Which area is the safest?

Which area has a hotel within walking distance?

Allen, TX
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

IMHO West End would be your best bet, although the other spots do have alot to offer and are increasing in popularity. West End is likely to be your easiest spot to find a nearby hotel too. You might want to look in to the Hampton Inn-West End/convention center, I've heard good things about the staff, facilities, and even the breakfast :-)

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

Based on what you are asking ("best looking crowd"?)- you might consider Hotel ZaZa in Uptown. The concierge should be able to help with the most happening bars and night life.

As the previous poster noted, the West End can be fun- not as lively as it used to be but there is a Springhill Suites down there and the W near Victory Plaza and AAC. D*ck's Last Resort, Hooters, Cadillac Bar, Gators- that sort of thing. House of Blues just opened.

Lower Greenville is more of a walk from bar to bar kind of area but there aren't any hotels close by that I can think of. You might just want to take a cab.

Downtown Dallas, near Main and Commerce has some trendy type bars-OBar comes to mind- but wouldn't consider it a bar hopping kind of area.

Let's face it- Dallas is a car city and doesn't lend itself to the New Orleans kind of walking from the hotel to multiple bars experience. If you would like to check out Sundance Square in Fort Worth or even the Stockyards, you mind find something more along those lines (but probably not the upscale party crowd).

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

The W would be a good bet with Ghost Bar being on site. And other restaurants with bars are close by. All bars close at 2am on weekends.

ZaZa is also a good suggestion - their pool area and bar at Dragonfly gets a bp crowd.

But if you are looking for "diverse" - you should head to Cedar Springs and stay at the Melrose hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

House of Blues is not in the West End, it's at the south Lamar section, where Poor David's is located.

Upscale party crowd (best looking?? as in can afford $100 face creams and plastic surgery?) sounds more like Uptown and Hotel Zaza to me.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

ChrystinP-

HOB is on North Lamar in the old White Swan building, north of Woodall Rodgers

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

I would suggest the Knox/Henderson area one evening! You can park and walk to different shops, restaurants, and lounges.

I would say that pretty people will be in attendance.

Also, you may be interested in the West Village area in Uptown.

They also have shops, bars, wine bar, and great food. Pretty people there as well.

I would not take a suggestion on the Market Center area. I was there two weeks ago and it was very dead and boring...not many pretty people and a lot of homeless ones in exchange!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

forgot to say that I would also suggest Hotel Zaza!!

It's great, classy, upscale, and beautiful.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

OK, I got a little carried away on my first post. Correction: I have champagne taste on a beer budget. I selected the Adams Mark. Is it pretty close to everything? I guess we could go to the GhostBar and Dragonfly without actually staying in the hotel huh?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

Adam's Mark is a good location. You should be happy there. All these places are within a few miles of your hotel.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deep Ellum, Lower Greenville, or Westend, Best Nightlife?

Adam's Mark is centrally located, but I wouldn't really walk to any of these areas - they're too far. A Dart Rail stop is right behind the AM - so that should be convinient for getting around.

Mockingbird Station is an easy stop on the Dart Rail.

And West Village at the Cityplace stop. Both these areas have restaurants with bars filled with beautiful people...West Village more so.