We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back on Business

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Back on Business

I will be in Irving for business Wednesday evening through Friday noon (July 18-20). I am travelling with my male boss this time. When I was there last time with a female co-worker, we ate at Saltgrass and walked around the Gaylord Texan. We both loved it as we felt we were seeing "Texas" (we also loved the Pier One outlet but I doubt I will get to drag my boss there!!).

Are there any other restaurants or places we could visit in the evening close to where we wil be staying (Irving) that would be a similar "Texan" experience?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back on Business

I am bumping this in hopes somebody can suggest a fun restaurant or attraction close to Irving. Thanks in advance for any help.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back on Business

Not to keep bumping my post, I would also like a suggestion for a good place for souvenirs (besides the airport). I wanted to bring back something for the kids (teenagers). I was hoping to spend about $10-$20.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,551 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back on Business

Sorry...don't know anything about Irving.

But I think a fun souvenir would be something from one of the nicer Mexican shops like La Mariposa on Henderson (off I-75 near downtwon Dallas) or Casa Mexicana on Live Oak very close to downtown.

La Mariposa is probably your best bet. You could make a day trip out of it. Have lunch at The Porch and also check out some of the antique/furniture shops....you might be able to some rusty Texas stars or something.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back on Business

Take him to the Bass Pro Shop just down the road from the Gaylord Texan, you could hit Grapevine Mills outlets while he's there. Also check out: http://www.loveandwarintexas.com/ also in Grapevine. Can't vouch for the food or music, but it looks interesting. Main Street in Grapevine is also good for a "Texas" experience. Lots of local owned eateries and shops. There are several wineries in Grapevine (just Google for location and times). I worked in the Las Colinas area for 7 years and can't think of much that's considered "Texan". Lot's of chain restaurants on MacArthur north of 114.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Back on Business

Some high end steak houses in that area are:

Silver Fox in Grapevine

Bob's Steak and Chop house - just opened in Grapevine

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Back on Business

and Cool River in Las Colinas.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back on Business

Thanks for the great suggestions! it sounds like Grapevine is close enough to get to and will offer the most bang for our buck.

8. Re: Back on Business

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 14:21