We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parents are in for Thanksgiving

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Parents are in for Thanksgiving

I've been living in Frisco for 1 year, but still haven't done any sightseeing. my parents are coming in for thanksgiving and have a poor outlook on TX. Any good recommendations on how to entertain them and show them a good time and some of the beauty of the metroplex? An hour's drive outside of the city limits is not out of the question either.

Also, does South Fork really exist and if so, how can I get info on it?

Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parents are in for Thanksgiving

Yes, Southfork does really exist and it's not too far from you. You can tour the "ranch" and the house that served as the outside shots on the show. The inside of the house is decorated to look like the house on the show, but from what I remember, the show was never actually filmed here. I could be wrong about that. Here's the website if you want to do a tour -- foreverlodging.com/foreverinfo.cfm…

For tons more info on the property and the show, just google "Southfork Ranch".

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parents are in for Thanksgiving

If your folks are into nature/gardening they would love an afternoon at the Dallas Arboretum. It's really beautiful! Take them downtown (Dallas) to the Arts District, or to the museums in Fort Worth. They will definitely have a new and improved outlook upon Texas!

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parents are in for Thanksgiving

b0zie, why do your parents have a poor outlook on Texas? Do they hate cowboys (don't go to Fort Worth then), dislike shopping (stay away from NorthPark, Galleria, etc.) or what? Do they just hate that you moved here? ;-) It would help us to know, so we can recommend things for you.

Many people find the Sixth Floor Museum interesting:

http://www.jfk.org/

What hobbies or likes do they have? Fine dining? Art? Nature?

4. Re: Parents are in for Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:17