We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best outlet shopping center

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Xalapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best outlet shopping center

I plan a trip to dallas in february, what is the best outlet shopping center (best price) ?

Also i would like to know if Six Flags is ok, for a 5 year old child ?

I would like to stay at westin at the galleria, do you recomend this hotel or which other with the same or better category ?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Allen Premium Outlets is the best outlet shopping in the area. Allen is a suburb north of Dallas. It is a nice outlet with lots of shops.

Six Flags is okay for a five year old, but it could still be pretty chilly that time of year. You just never know about February. It may be quite comfortable, but it has been known to snow or ice over that time of year too. There is a fairly large area with "kiddie" rides. There are also plenty of rides in the other areas that are family oriented and your five year old can ride with you. There are always plenty of Looney Tune characters walking around that you can take pictures with, e.g. Sylvester the Cat, Tweetie Bird, etc. They have some sort of meal with the characters you can do also but we've never done it so I don't know anything about it. Maybe someone else can comment on that. Again, you will just have to see how the weather is.

As far as the hotel, others can be more help with that. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Six flags is fine for a 5 year old, but Six flags in Arlington is closed in February. They have Holiday in the Park over the xmas holiday, but then it closes until March or April. You can check their website at www.sixflags.com.

The Westin Galleria is nice but very expensive and kind of confusing to park and get around if you are not a local (a crossroads of major highways and flying overpasses with the galleria right under it.).

Depending on where you are going to be in the area, there are literally thousands of hotels to choose from. If you tell me where you would like to go, I might could help.

ps. Allen not close to Dallas Galleria, and you will definitely need a car to get to that outlet mall. Lots and lots of shopping in Dallas area also. If you are in the Galleria area and want to shop for deliriously cheap jewelry/suitcases/hats/wallets/etc. you should stop by SamMoon off I635. Not exactly diamonds, it's all cheap Chinese stuff, but you will never buy an expensive purse again. They also have tiara's, lots of hair bobs and other pointless things your 5 yearold would love (if she is a girl).

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best outlet shopping center

The Westin Galleria is undergoing renovations. People still stay there, but don't know how noisy or inconvenient it would be. Outlet shopping is "iffy" IMO. I've found it to be hit or miss. Been to Allen, lot's of designer stuff but more than I wanted to pay. Would rather hit a good mall having a good sale. I do like Grapevine Mills, but again have been when there was lots of stuff and then sometimes there's nothing worth buying. If you come during President's day weekend there's usually a good sale going on.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Outlet malls are not my favorite place at all. Usually special lines just for the outlet malls, I'd rather do a Macy's sale. That said, your five-year-old would probably enjoy Grapevine Mills. It's more like a traditional mall, indoors, has some fun stuff for kids--both shops and restaurants.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Sorry, I forgot your hotel question.

You might want to consider the Bradford Suites at Lincoln Square.(rebranding to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in January). It's a nice property that is in the same strip mall as a Cheesecake Factory, Blue Mesa Grill, the Container Store, Barnes & Noble, a large grocery store, and several small shops. It is also directly across the street from Northpark Mall.

This is obviously not the same as an upscale hotel, but you might be happy with it. If you really want upscale hotel environment there is an Intercontinental on the tollroad (about a mile from the Galleria, maybe half a mile) that's nice, but not adjacent to a mall.

Xalapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Thank´s for all your advice, Six flags is closed in february, any other atractions for a 5 year boy ?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,471 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best outlet shopping center

You son would like the Dallas World Aquarium in the West End area of downtown.

And he may like the Museum of Nature and Science in Fair Park - they have just redone many of their exhibits, and in particular, the dino dig sand box is alot of fun for kids that age.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,471 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best outlet shopping center

Another thing - you never know the weather in Feb. Every now and then we'll get a nice day with 70 degree weather - if so, ride the McKinney Ave Trolley - it's free (they take donations).

9. Re: Best outlet shopping center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:20