We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

I'm staying at the Fairmont and looking for some place for dinner on a Saturday night that I can walk to from the hotel and dine alone. Dining at the bar is fine. Don't want someplace that I need a reservation as plans may change last minute.

Also, any options for breakfast on Sunday morning?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Look at Stephan Pyles or The Palm you can walk to both of those.Quiet a few restaurants in the West End area.

You would be better off to take a cab to McKinney ave or Victory Park ( around the corner but may not want to walk). Then you have tons of options.

Don't really know breakfast around the Fairmont where you could walk to--again prob something in West End.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Larklaw made some good suggestions. For breakfast, you might want to try "Iron Cactus" on Main St. They offer a reasonable prices sunday brunch.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Check out Dakota's on Akard

www.dakotasrestaurant.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Thanks for the tips. I'll check those places out.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Dakota's is really easy because it's in the tunnel system, as is the Fairmont, and it's just 20 feet or so from the Fairmont to Dakota's. So if it's pouring down rain, there's no concern about weather issues. It's also an excellent restaurant.

I'd do breakfast in Deep Ellum, either at the Cafe Brazil or the All Good Cafe.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

Stephan Pyles is great suggestion - you can sit at the food bar solo w/out a problem. Or you can sit at the regular bar.

I prefer breakfasts at the All Good in Deep Ellum (Main St at Walton).

7. Re: Solo dining around the Fairmont Dallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 00:18