We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

If gas prices and high airfares have affected your summer travel plans, there is a nice alternative just 15 minutes east of downtown Dallas on I30. Rockwall Harbor is a new development on the east shore of Lake Ray Hubbard that consists of a harbor, retail stores, lake front restaurants, a Cinemark movie theater, fountains with waterfalls that flow into the lake, a pier with a lighthouse, an amphitheater with grass seating where they host concerts, and a brand new Hilton where I spent last weekend. They also offer tours of the lake on a large catamaran for only $25 per person. We ate at several of the restaurants and I thought the best was Agave. I had the Asian kobe ribeye and it was wonderful. Here is a link to the Rockwall Harbor website.

www.theharboratrockwall.com

The Hilton was fabulous and offered rooms with breathtaking views of the lake. It is an upscale hotel, so I was a little worried about bringing the kids, but when we got to the pool it was about 75% families with small children. It has a resort style pool with great pool bar. When I sat at the pool bar and looked over the pool and lake, it almost felt like I was at a resort in Cancun. The only thing missing was the white sands and turquoise blue water, although to its credit Lake Ray Hubbard is the largest, cleanest, and clearest lake in the D/FW area. When we arrived my 7 yr old asked which ocean it was...that is how big it is.

The food and beverage, housekeeping, and management staff were very friendly and organized for such a new hotel. The only weak point was the front desk. I won't get into details but we had incidents both checking in and checking out. It is a shame since that is where you get your first and last impressions of the hotel. Still, it was not enough to ruin all the great things that happened in between. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The normal price for a lake front room was $269, but they have recently dropped to $159.

Here are some pictures I took of the hotel and harbor.

…google.com/cozbobby0/HiltonBellaHarbor

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

That's an amazing development- who knew! Thanks for sharing your review and pictures. Very cool.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

Hi poodle! you are absolutely right...who knew? I just happened to drive by it one day. They are not doing a very good job in promoting the development. The place was relatively empty for a holiday weekend. Even the Hilton's official website has only drawings, no pictures. Although the hotel is upscale, most of the guests were dressed for a resort vacation in shorts, t-shirts, ect. My attire was dress casual when I was taking pictures which prompted a member of management to ask me if I was with a media group or publication.haha When I informed her that I was just a guest she explained that they were trying to prevent any unauthorized photos of the hotel from being published?????????? What is the secret? The place is gorgeous and you would think they would want the free publicity. Oh well, might as well enjoy it now while it is still uncrowded.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

So, you are actually a spy for the huge number of competitors vying for attention at Lake Ray Hubbard? Hmmmmmm........sounds a little odd.

I live at a lake and your pictures make me want to go up and have a look!

4. Re: Hilton Bella Harbor/Rockwall Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Dallas