We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Methuen...
Level Contributor
139 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

I will be staying at the Hyatt on Reunion Blvd. at the end of February for a cheerleading competition with my daughter and I am looking for a restaurant (barbeque?) within a 10 minute driving area that is not too expensive and has a casual environment and good food? In the past we have gone to the west end but that has gotten a bit old. Any help?

Scott in MA.

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

Hmmmm......not sure if they all meet your 10 minute driving time but try Baker's Ribs in Deep Ellum on Commerce or on Greenville, Peggy Sue's off of Hillcrest across from SMU, Red Hot and Blue is a bit further up the Central expressway, and there's always Sonny Bryan's on Inwood. The latter atmosphere wise being below "casual". "Shack" might be an appropriate term.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

Baker's Ribs in Deep Ellum is the only one mentioned that's within ten minutes of the Hyatt. And their barbecue is excellent.

There's also a barbecue joint in the State-Thomas area called Sammie's that a lot of folks like. This is also about ten minutes from the Hyatt.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

I realized as I hit the send button that my tricky typist brain typed Sammie's and not Sammy's.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

Take a look at Urban Market on Jackson- it has a nice cafe and quesadilla bar. Or perhaps check out Iron Cactus on Main. I would suggest the Zodiac at Neiman's but you may be pressed for time plus it is a little expensive (but what a great experience with your daughter). All of these are within walking distance.

www.urbanmarketdallas.com

www.ironcactus.com

neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml…

Methuen...
Level Contributor
139 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

I want to thank you all for your responses. I just wanted something different than West End. With thousands (yes, thousands) of cheerleaders coming into the area for the weekend it can get crowded so I thought getting out of the general (walking) area would be good. If you think of any additional places, we are there for 3 nights so all additional ideas are appreciated. Thanks again

Scott in MA.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

I'm confused. In your original post you said ten minutes driving time, and now you're talking about walking time. There is a big difference, so please clarify. Also, if you're walking there is good bus service through downtown that might speed things up for you.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

Read his last post again. He wants to get OUT of the general walking area, not stay within it.

"so I thought getting out of the general (walking) area would be good."

Seems clear enough to me.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

I have a mild learning disability and sometimes do not read things the way other people do. I thought it was clear he was asking about driving until there were posts about walking distances and the addendum he wrote wasn't clear to me that he was now excluding walking. It confused me, and still does, but I'll take your word for it that he's definitely talking about driving.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

ChrystinP- I think it was my insertion of "within walking distance" that may have confused the issue. I've seen these cheerleader weekends and I still recommend Urban Market in downtown since it is a good source for snacks and sundries (and many of the teams don't know it is there).

Another close by "within 10 minute drive" suggestion-All Good Cafe on Main.

www.allgoodcafe.com

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dallas Hyatt, Reunion Blvd. Restaurant Help....

All Good is a great suggestion. I eat there a lot...just had the green chile grilled cheese for lunch this week.

It's on Main St at the corner of Walton in Deep Ellum. There are meters for parking...but free on weekdays before 6pm (I think).