We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

Level Contributor
68 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

We have a large group of teens and families visiting this weekend. Staying near NorthPark Mall. Any recommendations for Mexican restaurants than can handle a large group without a lot of hassles or parking problems?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

That's a tall order. Around North Park, hmmm. If you go down 75 south to Knox Henderson there is a Chuy's, but there may be parking issues. There is another small, but decent Mexican place behind the Half Price Books off NW HWY, it's on the East side of 75. I hope this is some help.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

Chuy's is good suggestion - they have an area with hubcaps covering the ceiling that would be good for a group. But parking is an issue. You can park in their backlot (small!) or along McKinney or along Knox. But do not park at Crate and Barrel or near Fadi's and that stripmall - you will get towed.

Desperado's on Greenville might be an easier choice. I haven't been, but I think they have a large parking lot right on Greenville and the restaurant is set back a bit.

Could try Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village - they have valet.

Dallas
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

You also have Blue Mesa that's across the street from NorthPark Mall. I don't know if they have valet parking, but they do have a large parking lot.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

I agree that Chuy's would also be a good choice, but the wait is often long. Call before going to make sure you can make a reservation.

Level Contributor
68 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

We ended up eating Pappasitos. Food and wait staff were great. They had 2 large tables ready for us (I called ahead) and our own waiter who did a great job. Very enjoyable evening. The only downside was someone's car (not in our group) was broken into in the parking lot while we were inside eating so beware!

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

We too chose Pappasito's when we had many come from out of town for a corporate sales meeting (around 20 people).

All the pluses and minuses of other places this place won out. Had a great time. This place at one time was the darling of some in the local food press.

Ove time, like others, they became enamored with other places. Almost no one though believes this isn't a fun place and good value for the money (although usually more expensive then "hole in the wall" places)

The down side is though frequently long waits and a high noise level at all local restaurants in the chain.

I still don't have a problem taking out of towners here for righteous Tex-Mex. Who would have thought the Greeks could do Tex-Mex as well as the Hispanics?

7. Re: Best restaurant (Mexican) for large group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Dallas