We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bbq

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Ks
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bbq

Will be in Dallas the weekend of the 15th of May and was hoping someone could recommend a good bbq resaurant in the Addison/North Dallas area. Much appreciated.

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bbq

Well in the general area you defined there's a Sonny Bryan outpost in the Galleria Mall just south of Addison and a Bone Daddy's House of Smoke over by Central Expressway west of Addison.

Just don't tell the missus about the latter.

Bone Daddy's does with BBQ what Hooter's does with wings.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bbq

There's a Spring Creek BBQ on Central Expressway just north of 635. My favorite BBQ spots in Dallas are the original Sonny Bryan's over on Inwood and the Baker's Ribs. Neither are exactly in the area you're requesting, but if you have a car they're not too far away.

Texas
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bbq

The Sonny Bryans on Inwood has not seen new furniture or decor since the 1950s. The seating is those awful school chair/desks that have those small surfaces that are tilted slightly and barely have room for a piece of notebook paper. I eat there occasionally and always feel like the food will slide into my lap unless I hold onto it. There are about 20 desk/chairs lined up against the walls in a room that is about 8 feet wide and 20 feet long. You also have the option of eating on the picnic tables that are in the parking lot if you don't mind the blowing dirt, heat or other dangers. Of course, if Sonny changed anything about the place, the locals who eat there would be really upset. (Lunch costs about $4.50 to $7.50.)

Sonny Bryans is located between a liquor store and the Salvation Army. Even though the food is good some days, the ambiance is definitely "the poor 50s". They close when the food "runs out" which could be 1pm or 4pm.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bbq

Highly, highly recommend Hard 8: http://www.hardeightbbq.com/

I've tried a lot of different places for BBQ and nothing compares. Amazing brisket, excellent ribs and they have these great jalopeno poppers, which is a piece of chicken break, with a jalopeno on it wrapped in bacon. I don't like very spicy food but I really like them.

5. Re: Bbq

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 08:20