We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Hi,

I am visiting my girlfriend in Dallas this weekend, and was wondering if I could get some suggestions for a good, romantic restaurant which has outdoor dining. I'm not looking for anything over the top, just a place with great food and and a pleasing ambience (candle-lit dining in a quaint garden-esque setting would be ideal!).

In terms of the type of cuisine: Italian/Mediterranean would be my top choices.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thanks-Giving Square
Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Gardens, Architectural Buildings
Texas Discovery Gardens
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Natural History Museums
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

In Lewisville, Parma Pasta(291 E Round Grove Rd)Price Range:$-$$ - its a very small place, doesnt look like much on the outside,inside is nice, nothing fancy about it, locally owned the only location, BYOB(small corkage fee for wine), the food is WONDERFUL! The service is Great! Fri & Sat night pretty busy from 5-8.Very small outside seating. You won't be disappointed!

iFratelli's - in Irving(7750 N Macarthur Blvd) - Great food, great atomosphere, quiet, romantic. Great service & management. Price Range:$-$$. Great wine bar, outside seating.

In Southlake Town Square there are 2 Italian restuarants: Campania Pizza(there is also one in West Village(never been to west village location) 3800 McKinney Ave., Suite150 - http://www.campaniapizza.com/) & Brio Tuscan Grille(www.brioitalian.com). They both have great food, ambiance, romantic & patio dining. Its about 30-45min from downtown dallas, depending on traffic- http://www.southlaketownsquare.com/. Both Price Range:$15-25 per entree.

Mediterranean - I love Ali Baba's in Los Colinas/Irving(http://www.alibabacafe.com/). 5910 N. McArthur Boulevard. Great Food, somewhat romantic. Price Range:$-$$

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out your suggestions!

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

I just browsed through the above selections. While the places mentioned sound great, I think I am leaning towards something a tad more upscale - not a "jacket-only" scene but a venue where we both could dress up a bit. I guess I should have specified that in my original post. Apologies for the exclusion!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,107 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

There are some great places to eat, but not necessarily outdoors (it's kinda hot; even at night...like still 90!).

Look at Nonna (my fave), Ziziki, Villa O, Taverna, Cibus, Izmir, Kavala.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

The local paper, the Dallas Morning News, did a "Best Italian" review a while ago. Here's the link:

dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/…italian_dn.html

My favorites on the list are definitely Arcodoro and Pomodoro and Nonna.

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Thanks for youre replies!

Ziziki's looks like it has a nice garden.

Arcodoro & Pomodoro also sound terrific. The outdoor space sounds inviting. I realize that it's probably going to be hot at night, but that's one of the things she's mentioned a few times, so I might as well try and find a garden setting!

I was wondering if any of you have been to The Grape? It looks inviting and unique...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Guidelive.com is a great site to look at places to eat, nightlife, etc.

Lola in Uptown is very romantic. A different kind of restaurant. Steven Pyle's is an upscale more modern place. Abacus is nice as well. Would recommend reservations at all.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Never been to The Grape, but it's been around for 20+ years. Found a review here that might be helpful: dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/restaur…

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all those suggestions, esp. the guidelive.com tip - great resource for Dallas!

I think I've narrowed it down to the following places:

- Arcodoro & Pomodoro

- The Grape

- Ferrari's Italian Villa (Grapevine)

- Mi Piaci

I am sort of torn between these selections. Mi Piaci sounds like the most visually pleasing and elegant venue, while The Grape sounds like it's a more intimate place. Arcodoro was rated the best Italian by guidelive.com and Ferrari's is on the same list.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be dining tomorrow night, so I imagine most places will not be bursting at the seams with patrons...

Thanks everyone!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,107 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic ourdoor dining - Suggestions

I would choose The Grape from your list. After dinner, you can go for a walk along Greenville. Take a look at the strret view of these places.

Second would be Acodoro Pomodoro. But another good neighborhood to walk around in after dinner.

Even this isn't exactly the type of food you want, the setting is nice:

http://www.lola4dinner.com/