We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel location advise please

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
hotel location advise please

I am flying into Dallas/FW to see the Rangers next summer. If I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Dallas would I be really out of the way to see the game and then visit six flags the next day? I've found a place in Arlington that looks okay. How close is Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington in miles more or less? I am going to drive to Austin from there. I'm thinking about 7 hours to Austin, does that sound right? Thanks.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel location advise please

If you are only doing activities in Arlington, stay in Arlington. Dallas is about 22 miles away, Fort Worth, 16.

Arlington to Austin is about 200 miles, around 3.5 hours, depending on I-35 traffic.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel location advise please

Thanks it makes sense to stay closer to where I want to be. That's great that Austin is only 3.5 hours away. I was thinking it was much longer.

3. Re: hotel location advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2010, 05:24