We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel close to DFW

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel close to DFW

Hi- I have an overnight connection at the DFW on my way to Germany in October. Getting such mixed review on everything I look atl I am a woman traveling alone and would like to stay close to the airport since I do not arrive until 9:30 pm. My flight does not leave until the next afternoon so have time to relax and get some fresh air before being cooped up for 10 hours on the flight. The hotel right at the airport is ok but thought there must be something less expensive but still close via shuttle? Thanks!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

The Hilton Garden Inn - DFW North Grapevine. Reportedly very quite, they definitely have a shuttle and decent (chain) dinner restaurants within walking distance. Their shuttle might run you into Grapevine’s Main Street for add’l options.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55930-d1175037…

Request a room at the south end of the building due to Hwy 114 extreme and lengthy construction (to the north) occurring during overnight hours. They may not even be working in the immediate area during your stay, but just in case.....

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

Thank you!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

The Grand Hyatt is at Terminal D, and is rated one of the top hotels in the Dallas Ft. area. We stayed here before an early flight, and loved the ease of being at the airport.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

It does look very nice- my flight does not leave until 2:30 the next day so would like to get some fresh air- I did notice they have a rooftop pool however. I always stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt airport and yes those hotels are so convient for early morning flights.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

Any of the hotels in Grapevine, near Grapevine Mills, will offer shuttle service and there are plenty of ways to stretch your limbs nearby. Enjoy Dallas!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

Another positive for staying at one of the airport location hotels is that they have restaurants. There are many hotels of all price ranges with shuttle service, but only the Hiltons and the Marriott have decent restaurants on-site. Since you are arriving so late, a more difficult issue is going to be trying to find a restaurant that's open. Most of the restaurants at the airport close by 9PM. So if you want something more than you may have had on the flight to DFW there won't be many options. Of course, most of the hotels/motels also have menus for the local placed that will do later deliveries like Papa John's pizza, etc.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

Here is another website that might help you out.

https:/…Default.aspx

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

Good point- thanks.

9. Re: Need hotel close to DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:16