We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dallas restaurants this weekend

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Topic
dallas restaurants this weekend

My husband and I have just decided to spend the weekend in Dallas. We are very out-of-date on the good restaurants in what used to be called North Dallas. I'm not even sure about that now. We will be staying in the Turtle Creek area and don't mind driving a reasonable distance (maybe 15 minutes). We have enjoyed the French Room and loved the old Star Canyon. One of our favorites is gourmet Mexican, but those are rare, and I am frequently disappointed. We always like to go to the S & D Oyster Bar for lunch. Would love to have some suggestions. We are open to anything, Mom and Pop, funky, fancy, anything but Asian. Thanks very much.

akron OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

i used to live in dallas and some great places lunch-blue goose cantina on lower greenville. The best mexican ever! fun ladi back place, you walk in, poicvk a beer out of giant coolers and hang out (I am 47, so...) Dinner The Grape across the street very romantic, italian with mix of french in there. Also Terellis on lower greenville great italian for dinner, then hop over to greenveill bar and grille to hear some music. this is more laid back dining-nothing fancy but slacks and sweater attire. Husband shirt and sweater or blazer with jeans. Hope that helps!

Anne

akron OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

Cafe Pacific

Seafood, $20 to Over $40, Dallas

Diner Rating:

Rate It

You can dine outdoors here on the partly covered terrace. Try the almond-crusted sole or pepper steak. AE, D, DC, MC, V. Closed Sun.

Address: 24 Highland Park Village, Dallas, TX, USA

Phone: 214/526-1170

this got 3 5 star reviews from tavelers. Sounds like a nice dressy type of dinner in Highland park Village-great area of town!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

The great mexican places are in Fort Worth.

Bobs Steak and Chop House is the #1 favorite for local and visiting sports celebrities. Close to Turtle Creek at the corner of Lemmon & Wycliff, just off the tollway.

www.bobs-steakandchop.com

Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

I would highly recommend Javiers for gourmet Mexican. Stephen Pyles has a new restaurant, if you liked Star Canyon. Cafe Pacific is always good as is Al Biernat's. I will probably need reservations at all of the above.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

I know it's just for the weekend, but here are some of my favorite restaurants in that area:

Javier's - Mexico City Cuisine

Al Biernat's

Palomino - at the Crescent

Stephan Pyles - on Ross

Nick & Sam's - on Maple Avenue

You have a lot of really great restaurants here to choose from. They all have websites that you can visit to help with you decisions. Have a great time in Dallas.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

Thank you, want2!

7. Re: dallas restaurants this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:19