We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeos near Dallas

Strokestown, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Rodeos near Dallas

Hi everyone,

I am travelling to Dallas on July 22nd with my boyfriend from Ireland. I have 2 nights there and would like to go to a rodeo on the Saturday night. I'd be grateful if someone could recommend a rodeo for us, we will have a car so dont mind driving a short journey to get to it!

We're travelling on to Austin, San Antonio and Houston after Dallas, so if there are better rodeos near those cities we could visit one there either.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Look at the Ft Worth Stockyards....rodeos every Friday/Saturday

http://www.cowtowncoliseum.com/

http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

The Houston rodeo is in March.

Welcome to Texas!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

I was looking up the Mesquite Rodeo the other day - they have different price levels...and I'll have to say the VIP tickets that includes the BBQ seems like a good deal because you also get the really great seats!

Strokestown, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Thank you both for your advise, we'll pick one of those options so! Cant wait to get there and see what Texas is like!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Y'all are going to have a great time here!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Be prepared for the heat. We've had 11 straight days of temps over 100 degrees. Hopefully, the rodeo will be at night in a coliseum that has air conditioning. Have fun!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Mequite Rodeo is fantastic and offers concerts around their shows too! I was just there last month and had a great time! I think you would enjoy that!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Mequite Rodeo is fantastic and offers concerts around their shows too! I was just there last month and had a great time! I think you would enjoy that!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

There's also a mini-rodeo at Billy Bob's on Friday and Saturday nights (costs $2 and is short and sweet--about five riders on bulls). I'd do the Mesquite Rodeo, if it's an option for you. Have no idea about rodeos in other areas, you might want to post a query on the local forums for the other cities.

If you ever plan on coming to Texas again try to be here for opening day of the Fort Worth Stock Show and rodeo (always opens in January) as the opening day parade is one of the most fabulous entertainments ever.

http://www.fwssr.com/

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Rodeos st both the Colliseum in Fort Worth's Stockyards and Mesquite's Resitol Arena are air-conditioned. However. As mentioned we are now into day 15 of 100+F (37C) degree days, averaging 99 since June 1 - so please pack accordingly so you're able to make the best if your vacation. All of TX is in this heat cap, but the good news is, most all enclosed buildings will be air-conditioned.

It wouldn't hurt any of our feelings if you brought along some rain with you! ;)

Strokestown, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rodeos near Dallas

Thanks to everyone for all your help. We're so excited about visiting Texas! We definately dont want to bring any rain with us! We have waaay too much of it here! We need sunshine!