We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denton

midwest
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Denton

No one replying on the Denton forum, so I will give this a try: we have booked the Hampton IAS in Denton for a visit to UNT. We will not have a car. Is this an unreasonable distance or area in which to walk to campus? Is there another hotel in the area we should consider instead, walking distance to UT? Any suggestions on ground transportation from DFW? Thanks!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denton

The Hampton Inn and Suites is a newer hotel (built in 2003) that is about 5 miles from the UNT campus. The La Quinta is much closer to the campus (only 1/2 mile away) and would be a better choice if you're not going to have a car. It is a nice, affordable hotel that I believe was recently renovated. A deluxe continental breakfast is served each morning and the hotel is about as close as you're going to get to the University. There's a Radisson across the street from the University, but it is quite expensive and could use a major renovation. I'd recommend the La Quinta and think that you'd be fine staying there. Hope this helps.