We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DFW Arrivals area

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
DFW Arrivals area

Is there a coffee shop or similar past immigration in Terminal D arrivals area?

I need somewhere to wait in relative comfort in case my friend is delayed in meeting me. It would also be a convenient meeting spot.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DFW Arrivals area

http://www.dfwairport.com/terminals/d.php

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DFW Arrivals area

Thanks, Felschurch, but I did find that website, and although it shows a symbol key for "International Arriving Passengers", I cannot spot it on the map. Unless your eyesight is a great deal better than mine, (which I admit, isn't difficult).

Arrivals is normally in a different area from departures, in fact on that map it does say "lower level" but fails to give a map of the lower level.

Does anyone have any personal experience?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DFW Arrivals area

All of the eating areas are inside the secured areas. An extreme inconvenience for those arriving as well as for those picking up or hoping to meet someone on a layover; ie, an outside curbside meet is your only alternative, other than you waiting inside comfortably and your friend calling you when s/he arrives on airport property. Of course, that implies you have a phone with reasonable (USA) domestic rates/service.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DFW Arrivals area

Sorry about that. I was hoping you were meeting to take another flight together.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DFW Arrivals area

Thanks Karin and Felschurch, I was afraid that would be the case...in my experience, it often is in the US,: they rarely cater to people meeting delayed flights or those arriving.

I might just get transport to one of the airport hotels and ask my friend to meet me there.

Unless anyone has a better idea?

I do have a US-enabled phone Karin, thanks.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DFW Arrivals area

The Grand Hyatt is in Terminal D.

granddfw.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp…

Edited: 19 September 2011, 04:28
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DFW Arrivals area

Gehrig, for the person driving in, Is parking available on hotel property?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DFW Arrivals area

Yes, they can park at Terminal D to get to the Hyatt.

Also, on the lower level baggage collection area there is seating and vending machines. So if it's going to be a short wait, it's not really uncomfortable.

9. Re: DFW Arrivals area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:18