We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

I have a friend that's been to Dallas twice and he is in love with a community called Savannah in Denton. He talks so good about it, that he actually convinced me to go and see it myself. I will be visitin this March, and I wanted to get some input from you guys about the area. Thanks

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

Savannah is a great little community. It has the feel of an east coast seaside town. There is a community water park with a huge slide that rivals the ones at the large parks. It is east of Denton and just north of Frisco, a fast growing area with lots of shopping and dining options.

The only downside I can see is that the homes are very close together. They all have white picket fences which is neat, but it offers no privacy.

Denton is a college town.(University of North Texas & Texas Womens College) It has all the big city amenities and is about 30 minutes from both Dallas and Fort Worth.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

Sorry, Texas Womens University. I did not mean to offend any alumns.

Irving, TX
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

I lived in Denton for 3 years, at TWU (oh, and it's Texas WomAn's University, with an A :-)....Denton is a slightly boring place unless you're into college parties. Some parts are very unattractive. If you decide to move somewhere, try Lewisville or Carrollton, which are about 15-20 S of Denton (and a lot closer to Dallas). Also, don't forget about Ft. Worth, where houses are actually pretty cheap right now (compared to Dallas). I live in Irving now and love it. Big city activities w/o having to go to Dallas, but if I do want to head to Dallas or Ft. Worth, it's not as long of a drive (30-45 minutes on a good day coming from Denton). Hope this helps!!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am looking to move to Denton from Miami. Can you guys...

Sorry Scullyy.....atleast I tried not to offend you all!lol

Get answers to your questions about Dallas