We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Day 2012

Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's Day 2012

Hi everyone! I just moved to Texas from Minnesota with my fiance and would love to find romantic things to do here in Dallas for Valentine's Day. Does anyone have any suggestions? We're open to staying in hotels or even just a great afternoon date. Thanks!

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Day 2012

Lots to do. Here are some of our favorites we have experienced over the years;

www.chocolatesecrets.net

chocolate and wine. A lethal combination

Restaurants;

www.risesouffle.com

www.thegraperestaurant.com

www.hibiscusdallas.com

www.bolsadallas.com

Any of those should get you points for hip and cool

Place to stay

www.adallasguesthouse.com

A single room and the most romantic bed and breakfast in Dallas......if you can get it.

www.hotelzazadallas.com

My wife thinks this is the sexiest hotel in Dallas. Rachel Raye concurs.

Music and/or dancing

www.scatjazzlounge.com

Best jazz lounge in DFW. On Sundance Square in Fort Worth. You walk down an alley, enter an elevator, go down one floor to the basement, walk into something that Sinatra and the Rat Pack would have performed in.

Balcony Club in Dallas in the lakeside area. Best jazz spot in Dallas. Over a theatre. Really worth learning about. No website that I know about.

Good luck and welcome to Dallas.

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Day 2012

Lots to do. Here are some of our favorites we have experienced over the years;

www.chocolatesecrets.net

chocolate and wine. A lethal combination

Restaurants;

www.risesouffle.com

www.thegraperestaurant.com

www.hibiscusdallas.com

www.bolsadallas.com

Any of those should get you points for hip and cool

Place to stay

www.adallasguesthouse.com

A single room and the most romantic bed and breakfast in Dallas......if you can get it.

www.hotelzazadallas.com

My wife thinks this is the sexiest hotel in Dallas. Rachel Raye concurs.

Music and/or dancing

www.scatjazzlounge.com

Best jazz lounge in DFW. On Sundance Square in Fort Worth. You walk down an alley, enter an elevator, go down one floor to the basement, walk into something that Sinatra and the Rat Pack would have performed in.

Balcony Club in Dallas in the lakeside area. Best jazz spot in Dallas. Over a theatre. Really worth learning about. No website that I know about.

Good luck and welcome to Dallas.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Day 2012

Great list from John!!

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Day 2012

If you want to go all out the French Room, The Mansion at Turtle Creek, and Nana are near the top for "best of" in Dallas, One could place Fearing's and Steven Pyle's place in the same category.

One advantage with Nana, it is on the 27th floor of the Anatole. It has a great view from bothe the restaurant and the bar. The bar has a nice dance floor and the music is the typical easy listening covet combo. Anthony Bombaci is certainly one of the best chefs in Texas.

One other idea, for dancing, Ernie's of Dallas (actually in Addison) draws a lively 40+ crowd

dancing to easy listening standards from the house combo/band.

5. Re: Valentine's Day 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2013, 10:19