We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

Hello i live south Birmingham in England and I'm planning a holiday to Dallas in April 2013 and I to want to stay at another couple of places I'm thinking Arlington because I love sport and I want to watch a baseball game I was looking at both Austin or San Antonio are they good for tourist spots, shopping, sport and good nightlife

It would be great if you guys can help me

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

hi we are from lancashire uk and visited dallas ladt year. one of the best things we did was visit the stockyards in fott worth we stayed at the sheraton in ft which was fab.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

I agree with MrsCregan about staying in Fort Worth and visiting the Stockyards. There is a lot to see and do plus it is easy to drive over to Arlington for a Rangers game. Or you might go to a Fort Worth Cats game instead- they are the local minor league team and the stadium is between downtown and the Stockyards.

I love both Austin and San Antonio but would recommend SA for a first time visitor- so much history and culture in a small area. Definitely stay on the Riverwalk.

Denton, Tx.
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

I would agree with poodle one going to San Antonio. The River Walk and the Mission tour are the big things for me.

Personally I'm a bigger fan of Austin simply because I love Texas music of all genres. I'd spend a day in San Antonio (on the River Walk if funds allow) than a day or two in Austin to catch whatever venue suits your fancy. The 6th St. and Red River areas are a college age crowd. The Warehouse district and South Congress draw a bit more eclectic crowd.

For an absolutely great night in Austin, regardless of age. check out Donn's Depot on W. 5th St. One of the worlds great dives.

Lewisville, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

I would recommend Ft. Worth as well as Grapevine. Grapevine is close to the airport like Arlington and Ft. Worth and has lots of Texas culture, antiques, local food (Tex-Mex and other), and friendly people. The Gaylord Texan Resort is a highlight Also, San Antonio river walk area is a great adventure. Casa Rio is the best Mexican food on the riverwalk and you should also check out the Market Center area also near downtown where you will find Mi Tierra bakery and restaurant. Excellent food there expecially the baked goods and breakfast. We took a Segway tour of SA a few years ago and had a blast zipping around historic hotels, The Alamo, Victorian homes, and the Riverwalk.

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

Will Texas rangers be playing if so is it a nice ballpark I might go there or either catch a game of basketball either Dallas mavericks or San Antonio spurs which has the best arena Dallas or San Antonio I have decided to do San antonio and Austin now it's either Dallas or Houston for a few days prob Dallas I'm a big Dallas sports fan

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

The Rangers will be home about half the dates in April Here's a link to the schedule. The Ballpark is terrific (yes, I am a little biased) They are doing a big renovation in the centerfield area this off-season so it should be even more interesting (can't say better until I see it for myself!)

texas.rangers.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp…

The Mavs last regular season home game is April 20.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/schedule/

7. Re: Places to stay along with Dallas any suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:28