We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Topic
Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Hello.!

First trip to the US.!

Where can i find a good dude ranch near Dallas- Fort worth?

I've been looking all over google and no luck.!

The people i've been asking have been rude and mean, And they don't really wanna help.! I'm trying to make this a birthday present for my dad and as me and my dad love Texas, i wanna take him over there so that he can relax and have fun at the same time.!

My boyfriend is coming with us, so we are 3 people that are going.!

If there ain't any Dude ranch near Dallas or Fort Worth, i wanna look for a hotel ( not an Inn or a Motel ).! I just want the best for my dad.!

For me i just wanna have fun and if it's horses there i will have even more fun.!

Please help me since no one else can or will.!!

-Isabel

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Wildcatter Ranch is near Graham, a couple of hours West from DFW airport. It has horses and a decent steakhouse on the property as well. Here's the link http://wildcatterranch.com/index.html

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Thanks for the answer, i was looking at that one just minutes before i write this question.! And it has alot of good things and it looks great.! But what about the hotels near Dallas- Fort Worth? A hotel that has almost everything but still not so expensive.! I have alot of questions but i don't know who i can ask.! I don't know anyone in Texas.!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Just keep posting your questions here......we've got the answers for you.

Welcome to Texas!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

For more info on other dude ranches, go to www.duderanches.com and click on the Texas section. There will be others there you can check out.

As far as hotels, you will get better advice if you can tell us your budget in US dollars per night and some of the amenities you are looking for.

In Fort Worth, check out the stockyards and the Stockyards National Historic District.

As knr says, keep posting your questions here and people will help.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

In Texas, if something is only a couple of hours drive, it is "near." lol Wildcatter is the only dude ranch I know of in the area. An alternative is to stay at the hotel of your choice and go to a riding stable for the rides. I've no personal experience with this, however an internet search turned up Widowmaker which gets good reviews on TA. It is a few minutes from the airport. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56693-d20…

To find hotels with good reviews within your budget, click Dallas Hotels on the left side of the page. Do the same in the Fort Worth forum.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Ranches in Oklahoma may be just as close.

Do you intend to ride? Maybe you can tell us what experiences you want?

Maybe the rodeo in Ft Worth will satisfy your need . Do not do the Wild West Show in Ft Worth--no value. See the real rodeo.

The Hyatt Place is across the road from the rodeo coliseum. Has suites. Good shopping (buy a real cowboy hat) in the area and good food

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

wow i got more answers now.! Feel lucky.!

I have a budget at 5500-6000 USD.!

And only that's going to go too the flight and the hotel plus a rental car.!

I'm trying to go for a Flight+Hotel+Car Package, It's cheaper that way.!

How much do ya'll think i need for pocket money?

Like how much is the food and drinks there? ( not alcohol )

And yes i wanna ride, that's kinda a dream to do if i ever get to Texas :) hehe

( i see too much western movies ) lol

I don't own a horse, because it's so expensive here where i live, but i have been working with horses for many years, so i know alittle about them.!

A rodeo sounds awesome, but don't they have a season for that?

So many questions.! lol

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

The Hyatt Place, looks like a nice place, and cheap also.! Only 1246 USD per room for 14 nights.! But ain't that a business hotel?

Where can i buy boots and stuff like that?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Lots of families at Hyatt Place.

Several places within two blocks of Hyatt/coliseum to buy boots and hats.

Other folks will have some great suggestions for western wear i am sure

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Sounds good :)

Is it expensive for a pair of boots?