We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info Info

NYC
Level Contributor
174 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Info Info

Hello,

I need some information about the following: (I'll be based on Main St / Ervay St).

1- Any Grocery Stores around that area?

2 - Good Spa?

3 - Any public transportation to FC Dallas Stadium?

4 - Any public/private pools around that area?

thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info Info

1. There aren't many grocery stores in downtown. You could take the Dart to the Lovers Lane spot off of Highway 75 and there is a Central Market close to the stop, but that's about a 20 - 30 minute ride on the rail.

2.As far as spas, there is the new Omni hotel which I've heard has a really nice spa and great pool. I just got an email w/a special from TravelZoo the other day.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info Info

Urban Market is a small grocery located Jackson between Ervay and Ackard, just a few blocks from Main.

http://urbanmarketdallas.com/index.html

FC Dallas Stadium is located in Frisco and there is no public transportation to that area.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info Info

I think if you book a service at the new Omni at the Convention Center, you get access to the pool - at least that is what the mentioned Travelzoo promotion implied.

NYC
Level Contributor
174 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info Info

Thanks for the suggestions. So one more ... Great barbecue downtown??.

NYC
Level Contributor
174 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info Info

Thanks for the suggestions. So one more ... Great barbecue downtown??.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info Info

There is a really great BBQ blog called Full Gospel BBQ. This guy wrote the list for D Magazine - maybe google that list. I heard Mac's is good on Main St - this Main St is different from the one downtown (it's confusing), but along the same continuous street, Canton is the name going toward downtown and Columbia is the name heading toward East Dallas....check a map so you don't get lost.

7. Re: Info Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:42