We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation from DFW to Dallas downtown

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation from DFW to Dallas downtown

I am staying at the Hotel Lawrence downtown opposite Union station for four days. I do believe that the train from DFW airport can take me there. However my return flight leaves at 6.30 in the morning. Is there a train plying at 4.30 in the morning to the airport? Is there any other means of transport at reasonable prices?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation from DFW to Dallas downtown

The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) is the commuter train that travels between Fort Worth and Dallas. There is a stop at Centreport Station with a shuttle from there to/from the airport. Unfortunately, the earliest weekday train from Dallas Union Station westbound leaves at 0550.

Although it may not be as low priced as the train, a taxi for a flat rate of $40 from the Dallas central buisiness district to DFW would be my next choice.

www.dfwairport.com/transport/taxis/index.php

You could also check out shared ride options such as Super Shuttle, which runs around $17-20 but you are at the mercy of their schedule (as in leaving around 0330 and picking up multiple other passengers at various hotels) so I avoid them whenever possible.

http://www.dfwairport.com/transport/index.php

2. Re: Public transportation from DFW to Dallas downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Dallas