We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Melrose Hotel

3 posts
Save Topic
Warwick Melrose Hotel

Originally had good thoughts on check in, but wish had never seen this place. We travel extensively and well, so thought a four star would be okay for a nights stay in Dallas with my child. Supposedly updated. No hot water, at last count 11ambulance/fire trucks have gone by, a/c is horrible, rattling NOISE and I have to try to get my daughter to sleep, and some attrocious pineapple lemonade in the lobby is supposed to make it all okay.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Melrose Hotel

Sorry you had such a bad experience. It's been several years since I've even been in the common areas, and am sorry to hear it seems to have gone downhill. Any intown hotel/motel is going to have sirens on occasion, not much you can do about that when it's a major corridor.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Melrose Hotel

I have been in the common areas recently, and had noticed that the hotel does seem a little threadbare. I have not been in the rooms in a very long time, though. I know they recently bought several buildings adjacent to the hotel, and talk is of an expansion/update. Sounds as though it is none too soon.

The siren problem is largely because there is fire station almost directly across the street. Unfortunately, there's not much that management can do about that.

I hope you called management immediately about the hot water and a/c, since management CAN do something about those.

3. Re: Warwick Melrose Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Dallas