We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
205 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

We are going to be staying at the W hotel for 3 nights in July. We will be going to a concert next door one night and just relaxing the rest of the time. I need restaurant suggestions in the area. We will not have a car but are fine with walking or taking a cab. We had rather not go to any national chain type restaurants. Thanks

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

If you go to Google Maps and put in the address of the W Hotel it will pull up a map. Then go down on left and click on SEARCH NEARBY. Type in the word food and you will get a list of all the restaurants in that immediate area as well of pins showing you were they are and you can zoom in or out to enlarge the map. Good luck!

Edited: 06 July 2012, 20:19
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

See if this helps: victorypark.com/Portals/…20Map_V7_OL.pdf

In the area is Kenichi (Japanese), Naga Thai, Luna de Noche (Mex), Neo's Pizza, and Craft (upscale American). If none of those work, let us know what type of food you'd like.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

A great restaurant located in the general area is Dakota's. You did not mention price ranges and it is on the upper end, but oh, so luscious. Service is impeccable. Note that the entrance to the restaurant is an elevator (just an elevator--about 10' by 10' or so) with an awning on the street level. The opening of the montage on their site displays entering the elevator and viewing the patio dining area as you go down to the restaurant level. You exit the elevator and turn right for the entrance to the restaurant. It is an Open Table restaurant, but if you do not get a reservation through Open Table, do not give up. They will try hard to accommodate unexpected guests. That said, I would go for an earlier arrival time, say 5:30 rather than 7:30. http://www.dakotasrestaurant.com/

You might also enjoy Wolfgang Puck's in the Reunion Tower “ball.” While it is a chain, unlike other chains, not all Wolfgang Pucks are the same. It is a unique restaurant with their Asian food choices. To access the building you enter the Union Station, go to the south end, and there is a corridor to the TRE/DART rail, and past the train access there is an elevator up to the restaurant. The tower makes a 360-degree rotation every hour with some beautiful views of Dallas. wolfgangpuck.com/meet-wolfgang/…47007 photo of an interior view with the skyline visible. wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3917 This is also an Open Table restaurant.

I have mentioned Open Table in a few posts. For those of you who are not familiar Open Table is a reservations system serving the US and Canada for nicer restaurants. Some are chain type, but most are local restaurants (in my experience) and I have had very, very few disappointments. I travel extensively on business and depend on Open Table to locate good restaurants at locales I am visiting. You also earn points that are good for certificates at Open Table restaurants. You do not have to be a member to use Open Table, you can reserve as a guest. Or you can join for free, and accrue those points for more dining opportunities.

I do not like Luna de Noche, way over-priced and not great Tex-Mex, but a lot of other folks seem to like it. We are going to Naga Thai in the next week, so will post a review of that.

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

Wow, thank you all so much. Wonderful information and extremely helpful. Illtake a look at it all and try to come up with a few places to try.

5. Re: Restaurants near the W hotel Victory Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:15