We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DFW hotel

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
DFW hotel

Any ideas on a Marriott hotel chain with free shuttle from/to DFW? Have limited amount of points to use, was looking at Fairfield Inn, offered at 7,500 points, cannot go any higher. Thank you

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DFW hotel

I am a member of the Marriott rewards, also. To locate this information log onto the Marriott site, under “find hotel” enter DFW, enter date desired, check the box for awards, and then “go.” The site then takes you to all DFW options. On the left side of the screen are hotel features, click on transportation, then check “airport shuttle.”

You then have all the options for points that have a shuttle. Each hotel has the number of points required for the reservation listed, so you don’t have to dig any deeper to find what you’re looking for.

The category hotel for 7,500 is a category 1 and there are two options that displayed at DFW that meet the criteria of airport shuttle service.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, 4.6 mile(s), 7,500 points

4210 West Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062, 214-441-9969

Fairfield Inn Dallas Lewisville, 8.2 mile(s), 7,500 points

2697 Lake Vista Drive, Lewisville, TX 75067, 972-899-6900

Edited: 07 July 2012, 19:40
Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DFW hotel

Yes, I already did that, and some do show airport shuttle, but they do not list the shuttles as "free" as in some other hotel sites. I also called Marriott and they gave me Fairfield Inn 4800 W. John Carpenter Fwy indicating it was "free". However with all the bad info I get by res agents when calling, I do NOT trust what they say. It would help if they would list the free 24 hrs as needed.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DFW hotel

I have never in all my many, many experiences with hotels had a shuttle service that charged and that was not identified by the hotel staff. I've never booked one where it was listed that there was a charge for it. If you don't trust what they tell you verbally, ask them to e-mail you.

If you'd already searched, then you didn't make it clear what your real question was for the forum. Are you asking us to vet their responses?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DFW hotel

The reason I am reluctant about the shuttle charge is because under amenities they show: free breakfast, free internet, etc., but not free shuttle. Under transportation, they show hotel shuttle. There are many hotel shuttles who offer shuttles, but they have a charge. Just because they show hotel shuttles does not mean they are free. One must clarify that.

I have 30+ years in travel industry so I am very well versed in these matters. No, I am not asking you to vet their response, but recently I got bad info from an airline and I emailed to get a response in writing, which was total opposite. I don't know if you or anyone who is reading these forums has had those problems, but I sure have many times.

And, I have emailed the hotel for specific confirmation, as usual, they do not hit on the subject, it is today's world. Lack of knowledge.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DFW hotel

Hello, I'm definitely understanding what you're saying. Your experiences are different than mine in this issue.

I still do not understand exactly what you you are asking of the forum.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DFW hotel

To reiterate, I need a hotel at DFW with FREE airport shuttle. If there is someone out there with personal experience on this inquiry (preferably Marriott, Intercontinental Priority Club might also work), a response would be appreciated. The fact that there are airport shuttles listed on hotel sites does not necessarily mean they offer free transport. Amenities listed on the particular hotel I am looking into include:

free breakfast, free internet. free high-speed internet, free fitness center, I do not understand why they list Transportation on a separate list, not indicating free shuttle, but listed only as airport shuttle along with parking, which does not necessarily mean the hotel does not charge for those amenities, not all amenities are free at hotels. They also list meeting rooms, meeting planners, etc, these are definitely not free.

If one chooses to pay, there are always taxis which are much more convenient and immediately available. Not so with shuttles, I have taken shuttles that charge and waited as long as 45 minutes, while drivers wait to fill up bus with late passengers, not always worth the savings, v. taxi considering airlines' schedules and check-in requirements, when one has early flights.

I place great confidence on this forum after many years of membership, it has been helpful, offering good advice. We all give accurate information as we post from our own past experiences, and I thank each and everyone who has helped me over my many hurdles, hopefully my dilemma will get resolved soon. Thank you.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DFW hotel

When I have used a "complimentary shuttle" for Marriott properties, it has always been free. The Fairfield Inn in South Irving lists their airport shuttle, on the website, as complimentary.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DFW hotel

poodleone, thank you, you are the best! I see it now.

9. Re: DFW hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16