We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

Hi,

I am trying to book hotels on Hotwire for downtown Dallas and these are the areas that are available. Turtle Creek or Love Field - which area is better, and considered 'more' downtown?

Thanks!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

Turtle Creek is way better than Love Field (which is an airport area that's kinda grungy). Turtle Creek is closer to downtown.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

I'm very curious as to what they're giving you as a hotel available in Turtle Creek. The only hotel that I know of that I would consider to be in the Turtle Creek area is The Mansion on Turtle Creek, extremely upscale, ***** hotel that I can't imagine being available via Hotwire or any other discount service. They have plenty of people willing to pay full price each and every day (~$300 and way up per day).

If they're giving you a LaQuinta that's actually on Central in the Knox-Henderson area, decent for a ** motel.

Love Field could be anything in the Love Field area or Market Center. Market Center which is on I-35 have nicer properties than those closer to the airport. I don't know of a hotel close to the airport (Love) that I would want to stay at. If for no other reason than the noise from air traffic.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

You really don't want to stay in the Love Field area. What hotels are they telling you are available in Turtle Creek?

Addison TX
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

I queried Hotwire for hotels in downtown Dallas. I have lived here all my life and worked in downtown for more years than I'll admit to. I've chaired several conventions and educational seminars here. I'd try a different vendor.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

Winnipeg -

I want to thank you mentioning Hotwire...I seem to forget these things. I scored a 4* hotel in Chicago for $95/night!! An amazing rate - the rooms are normally in the $350-$450 range.

So...THANK YOU!!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

I've never used Hotwire and didn't have a clue how this service is used and did not know they didn't give you the name of the hotel. Based on what I saw, if I were you I'd go with one of the 3.5 stars or higher that is in the Market Center area.

The $280 a night might be The Mansion, if they participate in Hotwire. Or it could be something like Hotel ZaZa. At any rate, still expensive, but could be considered a deal if you normally pay $500 for the accommodations.

There's a 4 star in Dallas-Turtle Creek that is probably one of the downtown hotels.

The problem with this program is that the labels are identifying totally different areas. Downtown-Turtle Creek (Love Field-Downtown) is not the same thing. Turtle Creek is a nice area and Love Field is very, very iffy. You could end up in a hooker hotel on Harry Hines Blvd.

Have you considered hotels.com? They might not give such a good deal, but you know what you're booking. Also, you might try calling someplace like the Bradford Suites (see other thread of reasonable downtown hotels) and ask them what's the best they'd do for the time period you want. The Bradford will give telephone rates that are better than their web rates.

Also, check specific properties websites. I get great deals on the Intercontinental (Holiday Inns, Holiday Inn Express, etc.)website

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: are Turtle Creek and Love Field areas considered downtown...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!