We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
283 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

Were going to Dallas and going to stay at the Adolphus. We want to go over to McKinney Ave for nightlife. Do we need to drive or is there transportation avail? Also we need somewhere to eat ... We like all kinds of food and nothing too expensive

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

Try looking at the McKinney Avenue Trolley for service. Here's the website. I think it's free:

http://www.mata.org/map.shtml

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
283 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

I did see that... But is there a way to get from the adolphus to that trolley ?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

You could walk to the trolley. You could also take a bus to the McKinney Ave area. But I would just take a taxi.

For restaurants, just walk along McKinney Ave (and the adjoining side streets) and pick something that appeals to you. There's a lot to choose from, so may as well chose something that suits your mood and your location at dinner time.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

I would take the trolley, ride north (scoping out restaurants/pubs) to West Village, then turn around, ride south to wherever you want to walk the area, as Christnp2 suggested. The trolley moves relatively slow, but not so slow you'll lose a lot of time taking the "trip". Or you could take the cab and jump on the trolley at any one of it's multiple stops.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

Riding the trolley to scope out Uptown is a good idea. You could take a cab over to the Fairmont or Dallas Museum of Art and catch it there. If you plan to be wearing heels, I would probably not attempt to walk that far- it is a bit of an uphill slope from the Adolphus toward the trolley stops.

Also check with the Adolphus- they offer car service within three miles of the hotel.

I would not plan to use the trolley for the return trip- coordinating a return from the trolley stop late night might be a bit tricky.

Once you decide where you want to eat/drink/party, I would be sure to have one or two of the cab compnies programmed in my phone. Or ask someone at the club/restaurant to call a cab for you when you are ready to head back to the hotel.

6. Re: Getting to McKinney Ave from Adolphus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 07:15