We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas Accommodation

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Dallas Accommodation

Hi

I am from Australia and we are planning a trip over to the states this time next year. During our trip we will have one night in Dallas on our arrival into the country and two nights before we fly back home. I have been having some trouble finding suitable accommodation and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. There will be 4 adults travelling and we will be flying into DFW International Airport.

Could you please give me some areas around the DFW Airport that are safe to stay and I will check out what sort of accommodation is available in those areas that would suit us.

For the 1st night we would ideally like somewhere very close to the Airport or at least within easy access to it, as we will probably be pretty tired from our flight and would just like to go somewhere close for dinner and have a good night sleep before continuing on our road trip the next day.

The last 2 nights of our trip doesn't necessarily have to be right near the Airport but within about 30 minutes of it would be good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of any good places to stay that are around the $100 - $130 a night mark I would love to hear about them.

Cheers

M :-)

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas Accommodation

For your arriving overnight stay, Super8 in Grapevine is budget friendly, near the airport with several nearby dining options. It is an older, no frills hotel, but receives outstanding reviews on the TA Hotel site - very accommodating staff with free shuttle if you choose to explore Grapevine's historic Main Street.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas Accommodation

When you land, the direction of your road trip could determine whether you prefer to stay on the north or south end of the airport. You say there are four adults travelling- are you planning one room or two? I ask because you might want to look at the suite-type hotels with slightly larger rooms if everyone is staying together. It is hard to know prices this far out but almost every chain hotel in the states is represented around the airport and most have reasonable rates.

On your return trip, if you are still interested in checking out the area, perhaps take a look at staying in Fort Worth and checking out the Stockyards, Sundance Square and the museums.

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas Accommodation

Thanks for your response. From Dallas we will be travelling thru to Longview on the first night and then to Natchez to do the Natchez Traceway up to Nashville.

There will be 4 adults and to keep the cost down we don't mind being in the one room, as long as there are 2 beds. haha. Would there be any hotels that you would recoomend that are quite reasonalbly priced but clean and in a safe area.

On our return trip should I be looking for Fort Worth or are there suburbs that actually make up Fort Worth (ie Grapevine). I had the following apartment lined up for our return trip but someone told me that Midlothian is not a real good area.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/429544

I also had the following cabin but have been told that Glenn Heights is a ways out from the Airport and it was a little costly.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/562156

I have just heard that there are a few dodgy areas around Dallas so was really wanting to know what areas are safe in and around the Airport (or around 30mins away) that would be classed as a safe area to stay.

Cheers

M

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas Accommodation

I agree with what you've heard about Midlothian and Glenn Heights - they are not really good places for tourists. My son had a friend in Midlothian and I hated driving way down there.

You might try an Embassy Suites for your first night - they have decent breakfast in the mornings. Usually you can get a suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom part. Then if anyone wants to watch Tv, they can hang out in the living room part. There is an Embassy Suites off Hwy 183.

While in Longview, but sure to check out the thrift shop "Bargain Box". They have new unsold merchandise from Neiman Marcus at amazing prices!! Look up their hours. They are always closed when we go through.

5. Re: Dallas Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 15:05
Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dallas Accommodation

Thanks Mindy I will check it out.

7. Re: Dallas Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 20:18