We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas for a day

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dallas for a day

Hi guys ,getting close to my usa holiday ( feb 2013) have had lots of advice and info provided to me here, only certainty is that i will spend a day at the sixth floor museum and area etc. still not sure about the other full day i will have there which is either the sat or sun depending on what day i spend on jfk related things. dallas zoo, old city park, dallas arboretum and maybe a dallas cowboys stadium tour, cant make up my mind, what do the locals advise ?

cheers john

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas for a day

G'day mate,

All of those things you mentioned are great places to go. If you are arts minded, check out the Dallas Arts District downtown. Or catch a sports event at the American Airlines center.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,449 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas for a day

Since you are coming from so far away and only have two days, try to choose things you cannot do any where else. That would definately be the Sixth Floor and JFK stuff. You can't tour Cowboy Stadium anywhere else. But you can always see plants and gardens, animals, old buildings in other locations.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas for a day

Good point pepper,i guess a lot also depends on how jet lagged i will be,the more i read about dallas the more i want to see, in fact i wish i had organized a week there instead of 3 nights, however my sole purpose was to visit the sixth floor museum and dealey plaza so i cant wait to capture that bit of history, albeit

tragic as it was for you guys, arlington is about 20 minutes from downtown i think ? so cowboys stadium tour is top of the list at this point, thanx again pepper your advice greatly appreciated, as is yours JHDEPEW, and gday back to you lol, cheers john

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas for a day

You're welcome mate. I am John as well and have spent time in missions to the elderly in NSW since 2004. I have friends in Dubbo and Port Maquarie. Enjoy your journey and let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

John D.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dallas for a day

cool,will do jhdepew, thanx mate

6. Re: Dallas for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Dallas