We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

I am planning a birthday dinner for my boyfriend and myself and need some help. I would love to find a place that has an extremely romantic/ sexy atmosphere. Something that's not too pricey (wouldn't be such a big issue if I hadn't spent too much on birthday presents for him:) ). Wanting to stay under $40 per person. Somewhere with some sultry live music would be nice as well. He cannot eat any food types other than the basic italian, american, or mexican. (For instance; no sushi, or off the wall ingredients). His birthday is this Thursday! Please Help!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

Sambuca on McKinney

DragonFly at the ZaZa Hotel

The Grape on Greenville

Cuba Libre on Henderson

Cuidad on Oaklawn

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

thank you for the suggestions. I have research these places and took the reviews of diners into full consideration b/c i would love for this night to be perfect!!

The restaurants I will be choosing between are:

The Capital Grille

The Grape

and Cuba Libre

At this point I'm leaning more towards The Capital Grille b/c I've read the reviews and EVERYONE suggests going there for a special occasion b/c they go out of their wake to make everything special and romantic.

Thank you for all the help!!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

Can you do Capital Grille at $40/person?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

That's a good question- their website doesn't show prices!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

You could do the Capital Grille for $40 a person if you didn't have drinks and stayed with the lower price ranges. But I'd rather do someplace less expensive and not worry about what I'm spending.

A really lovely, romantic restaurant that you could do for $40 per person would be Hattie's in the Bishop Arts District.

See this review I just found, it's very accurate. If you go there, try the chocolate thingie for dessert, I forget what it's called but if you like chocolate this is divine. It's like a little cake with gooey melted chocolate inside. My friends and I almost do a "When Harry Met Sally" scene when we have it.

…dfw.com/entertainment/…

Dallas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help for Romantic Birthday Dinner Suggestions!!!

The Grape has more of a romantic atmosphere than Captial Grille and Cuba Libre. Also, the food is really good without being too expensive. Another small/romantic restaurant with good food and pretty reasonable prices is St. Martin's Wine Bistro on Lower Greenville. You can look it up online at www.stmartinswinebistro.com/information.htm. They have live music every night also.

Get answers to your questions about Dallas