We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Guatemala for a business trip. i have two options for transit via either Dallas or Houston.

Which place is better for spending one day tour while return? please suggest.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Really depends on your interests. Many people enjoy the arts districts in Dallas and Ft Worth. Many international visitors want to see the Sixth Floor Museum highlighting the Kennedy Assassination....which is in Dallas.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Thanks for your reply. I am not very specific about which places to visit, but jus wanted to know which city has more popular tourist spots so that I can choose some and decide my one day plan.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

If you want to see cowboy stuff, you might choose Ft Worth. If you want to see more city life, choose Dallas.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Thanks for your reply. I am not very specific about which places to visit, but jus wanted to know which city has more popular tourist spots so that I can choose some and decide my one day plan.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Haha.... Well, I'd say both Dallas and Fort Worth are each substantial cities, 30 miles apart. Dallas is big business/cosmopolitan, Fort Worth is business, but in a more relaxed fashion. It's been years since I've been to Houston - perhaps you'd best post on the Houston forum for more input to specifics, but in general, it also is big business oriented, but with good seafood!

If you want a glimpse into Old West of yesteryear, look at the Stockyards in Fort Worth. It was once a working Stockyard at the southern end of the Chisholm Trail (cattle drive from San Antonio, TX to northern Kansas). Current day offers a great way to spend an afternoon - shops, walk-around, cowboy museum, eats and a rodeo on Fri/Sat evening. http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Okie. Thanks for your inputs. I'll check in Houston forum also.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

D/FW International Airport is centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Assuming you will not be renting a car, taxi fare to either city is about $45, one way. You may want to figure the cost into your Houston/DFW decision.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

Oh. Will there be any options available for a day tour package? If u know pls suggest.

9. Re: Dallas or Houston for an one day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:15