We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DFW Parking - which lot to use?

Plano TX
Level Contributor
365 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
DFW Parking - which lot to use?

Hello. We are flying British Airways to London in May and I'm trying to plan our parking. I've heard good things about Park n Fly and the Parking Spot so I'm debating between the two. Just quick question though, the Parking Spot has a few lots at DFW and I'm wondering what the difference is. From what I can tell, there Parking Spot 2, North and South. If we are flying international, does it make a difference which lot we park at or is it only a matter of one lot being closer, more expensive than the others?

I am looking for reasonable price (of course), but convenience and confidence knowing we'll get to the airport in a timely fashion and get back to our car without having to wait too long.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

I have used both of the above and both locations at PS. They are all fine and will get you to the terminal on time. Just use the one most convenient for you. You should be able to find a coupon for one of them too.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

As far as parking North or South, it really won't matter. The international terminal, D, is slightly closer to the South, but we're talking a difference of less than a minute in driving time.

Personally, I never use Park N Fly or Parking Spot. I always park at either Remote Parking, if I'm going to be gone a while, or Express Parking (inside the Airport gates) if gone for a shorter amount of time. I find that I save quite a bit of time starting off on DFW grounds.

ETA: The North lots will be closer to you, since you're located in Plano. But the construction on the North side of the airport is a disaster, and it won't be cleared up before your trip.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 18:11
Mentioned in this post
Plano
Plano
Texas
Plano TX
Level Contributor
365 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

By chance, can you reserve parking at the DFW remote parking lots or is first come first served? I don't want to risk not having parking. We are going to be gone for 9 days. Not a huge length of time but long enough to not want to spend $22 a day. Thanks for the responses!!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

I think it's first come, but here's the number to find out:

"For questions regarding your DFW Airport parking experience, please contact Parking Guest Relations at 972 973 4840, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m." http://www.dfwairport.com/parking/index.php

Plano TX
Level Contributor
365 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

Karin, thank you for looking that up! Really appreciate it :)

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

It is first come first serve, but the lots are huge. In all the time I've been parking here, I've seen the North lot fill once. I've never seen the South lot full. And that's including when I travel for Thanksgiving or Spring Break.

Plano TX
Level Contributor
365 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

Thanks Ckg4! I hadn't considered parking in the remote lot until now and it's starting to look like a good possibility. Appreciate the info!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

I like Parking Spot better than Remote North. You can reserve in advance and they pick you up right at your car.

If you want to do Remote North, you can check current availability just before you leave the house. Unless it's a holiday, availability isn't usually a problem. dfwairport.com/parking/availability/index.php

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

I have a question regarding DFW remote parking. I have not parked there in a long time, and I want to know if the shuttle still only comes every 15 minutes.

Many years ago, I parked at remote on a weekend. There was a long line of people waiting, and we got in line. The bus filled up and left before we could board. Although we could see the next bus, it would not pull up and load until the next time slot even though the line kept getting longer and longer. Ever since then, we have parked at Parking Spot. Maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DFW Parking - which lot to use?

Yes, the bus runs every 15 minutes.

I'm a business traveller and very rarely park at the airport. I'd never park in a remote lot due to hail issues. All the remote parking is surface lots and.are uncovered parking (unless something's changed that I'm not aware of).

Parking Spot 2 was bought by PS a few years ago. The North lot is a bit harder to find, if you're not familiar with the area.

The reasons I like PS2 (although I've parked at the others, PS2 is my preferred lot) are it has a continuous roof, so you can park in an interior space with no risk of hail. The other lots are covered rows with the lanes uncovered. You have no issue of being exposed to the elements if it's raining when you depart/return. The buses run continuously, and I've never waited more than 5 minutes (very rarely that much of a wait) for a bus headed to the airport. Pick up at the airport is normally within ten minutes, but on a few occasions I've waited longer than that.

You can make a reservation online (they only allow 50 reservations per day) and they also have coupons on the website.

There have been a couple of complaints regarding unexpected costs, and the website reservation will tell you what the total cost should be. Print a copy of that and take it to the airport with you, if you decide to use this lot.