We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat

Hello! Planning on going late May/Early June. I was looking for good restaurants to eat at. I don't like chains when I'm on vacation I prefer to enjoy restaurants that I couldn't try someplace else. I will be traveling with my parents and a 4 yr old child. With that being said can anyone give me any great ideas on where to eat? Also I read something someplace (I can't remember where now) about a restaurant on top of an observation tower or something. Can anyone tell me about that? My child loves heights and looking out so I feel like he'd enjoy that.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,638 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

======

it may help to know which general area your staying in

http://www.campisis.us/

A Dallas institution

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat

We haven't booked however this is where we are planning to stay.............. Still trying to finalize exact dates but we are looking at

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field on 8300 John W. Carpenter Fwy.

Mentioned in this post
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field
La Quinta Inn & Suites...
931 Reviews
Dallas, TX
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat

That La Quinta is in a somewhat industrial/warehouse area. If you would like a La Quinta, try the one on Central Expressway at Knox/Henderson. From this La Quinta, you can walk to many restaurants and shops - good ones for kids: Harry's Hot Dogs, Highland Park Pharmacy, Toulose. Froggies is a great toy store.

Mentioned in this post
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat

OK - so it is a chain, but Rainforest Cafe would be a sure hit with your 4-yo. It's located at Grapevine Mills Mall along with SeaLife Aquarium. Bass Pro Shop is across the street.

Stephan Pyles and Dean Fearing are renowned regional favorite chefs, each offering an impressive menu.

Il Cane Rosso provides wood fired pizza like none other. If you like a little spice, try a selection with hot soppressato.

For a weekend brunch, Smoke is a can't miss.

A visit to the Fort Worth Stockyards followed by dinner at Reata's rooftop patio would be a worthy day's outing.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat

If you're talking about the restaurant on top of Reunion Tower, that would be Five Sixty, one of Wolfgang Puck's restaurants. His web page lists it under the "fine dining" category. Unless it has changed drastically since I've eaten there, it's not a place I would take a small child. It is quite pricey.

Mentioned in this post
Five Sixty
Five Sixty
748 Reviews
Dallas, TX
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat

Is there any particular food that you and your family like?

For Tex-Mex, I think Cuquita's in Farmers Branch isn't too far from where you're staying. Texas Monthly has listed them as one of the top ten Mexican Restaurants in Texas. The food is good, but I don't know if I'd rank it that high.Their fresh corn tortillas are excellent.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55828-d37…

For burgers, I'd go to Twisted Root Burger Co. The burgers are good, and it's a fun atmosphere. For one thing, instead of giving you a number, they give you the name of a celebrity or fictional character. They are locally owned, but have several locations around the DFW area. Here's the link to reviews of their original location:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55711-d78…

Edited: 02 April 2013, 21:02
Dallas
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat

For Tex-Mex, Fernando's at Northwest Highway & Midway Road is much closer to your hotel and very kid-friendly. Reservations recommended because it is very popular. The Original Pancake House is in the same small complex if you're looking for breakfast. A fun, family style place for lunch or dinner is Celebration on Lover's Lane just east of Love Field airport. There are many restaurants a few blocks further east on Lover's and you can really take your pick as to flavor. For lunch, try the food trucks at the new Kyde Warren Park downtown.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat

Thanks for all the tips! Yes Rainforest Cafe will be a great place! We don't have one of those where I'm at and I've been to one but my son never has....so even though its a chain I will defiantly have to go there! Also pepper thanks for the hotel tip! I'd like one that has a few restaurants within walking distance in a decent area as my father is handicapped so if we could walk someplace instead of loading him in the vehicle would be awesome! I'll have to check into that one! Thanks!

9. Re: Where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:15