We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

I need to stay for 10 days in Dallas near North Dallas. I am considering either the Hyatt Place on Spring Valley or the Intercontinental near Galeria. The price is about the same. Is the Intercontinental tired? I know the Hyatt Place is newer. Any familiar with these properties?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

The Intercontinental had a re-do a few years ago. The lobby is very nice, haven't been inside a room in a while. Never been to the other. Service at InterContinentals always seems to be impeccable. I'm an IHG Ambassador level and stay at IC around the country and am always impressed. I live in Dallas so I only stay at the IC here when an event that I'm attending is located there.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

Although the Intercontinental is a really good property, for a long stay I would go with Hyatt Place just because I like the chain. Hard to beat free breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

Note that this year all IHG properties are supposed to go to non-additional fees Wi-Fi. I don't remember the dates. Definitely the IC won't have complimentary breakfast.

4. Re: Hyatt Place or Intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 06:17