We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near Airport

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near Airport

I have a question about staying overnight near DFW. We're connecting and the best option seems to be flying in on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning. We'd be flying American from O'Hare and leaving on AA to Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean. Not sure which terminal we'd use as the whole airport seems to be listed as American Airlines.

The flight arriving Friday night lands quite late, just after midnight. I'd like to get a room for the night and see there are two Hyatt's listed as on the airport. Which of these is quickest and easiest to get to, ideally by walking? I don't need anything fancy, since we're arriving late, but would like something easy to get to so I don't have to mess with taxis or hotel shuttles in the middle of the night. I've never flown through DFW so don't know the airport and can't tell which hotel would be most convenient.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Near Airport

There are 5 terminals (A-E) and American uses all except terminal E. Your flight from Chicago could land and any of those terminals. One Hyatt is located within Terminal D, the international terminal and the other Hyatt is located next to terminal C. I would go with the cheapest hotel as all terminals are connected with a train, post-security, and takes no more than 10-15 minutes to get to another terminal.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Near Airport

Your flight from CHI is most likely to arrive at A or C, possibly D. Your international flight will depart from D.

The Terminal D Grand Hyatt is directly accessible from the terminal and is usually significantly more expensive than the Terminal C Hyatt Regency.

The close-to Terminal C Hyatt Regency is on the airport grounds, but not directly attached to a terminal. While you can walk to the Hyatt via the parking decks, I would not, as you really would have to know your way around and you'd be schlepping your luggage up and down stairs. They have a shuttle operating 24/7. You call them at 972-453-1234 and tell them what terminal and gate (outside of security) that you are at and they will send a shuttle to pick you up (takes 10-15 minutes).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Near Airport

Ditto what these two folks said.

You'll likely leave from Terminal D so if you can get a good rate at the Grand Hyatt which is attached, I'd suggest it. Sometimes paying a bit more for convenience is worth it.

4. Re: Hotel Near Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Dallas