We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which airport?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which airport?

Hello

I'm going to be at the Anatole Hilton in the beginning of November. It looks like flying into Dallas-Love is my best bet, is this accurate?

TIA

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which airport?

Love Field is very close to the Anatole. No more than a 10 ten minute drive.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which airport?

thanks. Of course now that I'm checking prices, they are much better via DFW. I'll have to be taking either public transportation, taxi (only if I find other folks) or shuttle of some sort. Is one airport more accessible by these?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which airport?

From DFW, a shuttle would be your best bet. Public transit around Anatole is dismal.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which airport?

For those who may not be familiar with Dallas and its airports note that there are only a few carriers that fly into Love Field. Love Field is a hub and home airport for Southwest Airlines. Delta, United, and Seaport have some gates at Love with very limited options. Love Field is located within the city limits at Mockingbird and Cedar Springs.

ALL other airlines that fly into Dallas arrive at DFW (Dallas Fort Worth International) that is about 20 or so miles from both Fort Worth and from Dallas.

Shuttles service both airports, and you definitely want to have a reservation. Our public transit at both airports is not what it is in other cities. I believe there is a target date of 2014 to have a train that actually departs from DFW. For public transit at DFW check this page http://www.dart.org/riding/dfwairport.asp

Note that the train does NOT run on Sundays, so if one of your travel dates is a Sunday, your only DART option is a bus (and I think there would be three transfers involved). If you are traveling on other days you might want to take the TRE into town (allow an hour or more from collecting luggage and arriving at the end of the line, which is Union Station) and then catching the light rail from there.. Check with the hotel to see if they have a shuttle to and from the light rail station at Market Center Station (I think that's the closest).

Edited: 06 August 2013, 23:38
Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which airport?

Forgive my ignorance, but do taxis not serve Love Field any longer?

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which airport?

Taxis definitely serve Love Field. Note that that if you are searching for flights into Love (DAL) using something like Orbitz, Travelocity, Kayak, etc., Southwest Airlines flights will NOT show up. You must go directly to their website to do your looking. Sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes not.

To save money on transportation, you could take DART from either airport (both have bus to light rail connections) to downtown Dallas & then get a cab back to the Anatole. I would only recommend this if you are arriving in the daytime, have time to spare, and do not have a lot of luggage.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which airport?

Thanks, Sebastian...I saw no mention of taxis, and wondered if they had discontinued service there. I appreciate the help.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which airport?

The Trinity Rail Express (TRE) requires 2 bus transfers from the airport to Centreport Station. From there, you may travel to either downtown of Dallas or Fort Worth. The TRE does not keep late night schedules nor, as stated above, run a Sunday schedule.

Dallas' DART Orange Line (light rail) runs 7 days a week, connecting DFW airport to downtown Dallas via a short bus transfer from Terminal A to DARTs Belt Line Station. This route passes within clos proximity to the Anatole. http://www.dart.org/riding/dfwairport.asp

As mentioned further above, the Anatole does not have direct access to DART, but you could contact the Anatole to schedule their shuttle pickup at one of DART's nearby stations.

....or hire a taxi or shared ride.

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which airport?

Gene: info on taxi service at Love is near the bottom of this page:

dallas-lovefield.com/parking-transportation.…

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which airport?

Thanks again. I usually drive up when I visit, but was asking for the benefit of visitors who fly into Love Field. I appreciate your help, though.