We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

4MR
London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

Hi everyone,

My OH and I are visiting Dallas in October and have got tickets for the Cowboys v Redskins game on 13th.

We are beyond excited but we are also Brits and have never been to a football game before so don't know what to expect and would really appreciate any tips or guidance (espcially on the best way to get to the stadium - we have a car but are staying in the Palomar in Dallas that night).

Many many thanks in advance and so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere! (how British is that apology?!)

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

Texas will be most happy to host a couple of Brits, and I hope you will enjoy your stay very much. (I happen to be a huge fan of YOUR country and visit a different location every spring with my "Mum.") You've got me beat, in that while I was born in Fort Worth and have spent most of my life in this area, I've never attended a Cowboys game! I'm sure others will chime in with helpful information, but one very important thing to note is the new bag (purse) policy that the stadium recently implemented. If you will click this link and scroll down, you'll find the policy detailed. (A bit ridiculous to be sure, but better to know up front than to be surprised at the gate upon arrival!)

…dallascowboys.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

Driving yourselves with your car is the best way to get to the stadium.

Palomar is in a good location. Mockingbird Station across the street.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

As to driving to the stadium - first and foremost, please look at a map to get your bearings from start to finish.

To avoid driving directly through downtown, I'd suggest driving Mockingbird westbound from the Palamor to I-35 southbound. You'll skirt the edge of downtown Dallas as you exit I-30 westbound and continue to Hwy 157/Collins - exit and follow the traffic south.

I'd allow at least 2 hours for driving and parking and making your way to the stadium. Of course, you could leave earlier to allow yourself enjoyment of some pre-game festivities. Here is a recent thread exploring some options. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g30183-i859-k67445…

gosport
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

Hi

I was in Dallas last month. The road links to the stadium were excellent ( we went for the stadium tour well recommended) make sure you have a sat nav. and you will not go wrong.

If you have time the Galleria shopping Mall and the JFK museum are well worth a visit.

The people of Dallas are extremely friendly and welcoming, we never had a problem during our stay

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

gosprtkev - what a wonderful compliment to our city and our "folks". Thank you and glad you enjoyed your visit!

6. Re: Cowboys game for a first timer (and a Brit!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Dallas