We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Dallas Hotels

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
3 posts
Save Topic
Downtown Dallas Hotels

Traveling with College age daughters. Which would be a better (and safer) location downtown -- Hotel Indigo or Homewood? Also have 8a am flight out on return, will have rental car...how long to get to airport from downtown on a sunday morning,,,better to move towards airport and drop car night before. Restaurant suggestions taken!

Thanks CB

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,869 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Dallas Hotels

The hotels are fairly close together downtown so I can't say that one is in a safer area than another. You will probably see some homeless and panhandlers anywhere you go downtown. Just be aware of your surroundings as you would in any large city. I think your choice really depends on whether you want the boutique hotel experience or chain hotel newly refurbished with mini kitchen and living area.

I tend to leave early when heading to DFW (even when I was living 15 miles away) just in case there is a wreck- even on a Sunday morning- or trouble at the car drop off. So I will suggest leaving by 6

Raleigh, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Dallas Hotels

Thanks so much for that. Do you have an alternate suggestion. Need to be near market area but would rather stay where we can wander a on foot.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Dallas Hotels

Near Mkt Center is Hyatt House on Harry Hines. You can walk to Saint Ann, down Wolf to Stoneleigh P and over to Common Table along Fairmont. Close to Uptown.

Should only take 20-30 minutes to get to DFW on Sunday morning from Uptown. 10 minutes to Love Field. Not sure which airport....

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Dallas Hotels

Yeah, 20 or 30 min on a weekend morning is fine to get to either airport, no need to relocate again, enjoy your Downtown stay. I too give myself an hour, leave nothing to chance & do extra waiting at my gate with a good book.

You have chosen 2 pretty good possible spots to stay. Poodle One is right about them, it's just a wood vs. chrome kinda mood choice, good local reputations both.

Fewer risks than most any big city.

This is Texas! Even the bums are polite & tip their hats to the ladies, but still, keep your wits & do not make eye contact.

Good walk-around shopping/dining is not really found in Market Center area, sorry. Since you'll have that rental car drive to the walk around spots recommended here, all good. I Like McKinney Av & "lower" Greenville

Sorry, local-speak! On your map, that's Greenville Av south of the corner of Mockingbird ln.

The corner of Oak Lawn & Lemon Av. The corner of Mckinney Av & Knox st. and the Corner of Lamar & Elm street are all good starting places you can easily find & enjoy.

A bunch of ladies should also shop Neiman Marcus!

Edited: 25 October 2013, 00:39
5. Re: Downtown Dallas Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:19