We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

Hello

My flight arrives DFW around midnight on a friday night and have to reach the apartment near SMU campus (Greens in the Village). The cab fare is around $60 - which is ok with me since it will be after midnight. But just wondering whether there would be any other options at this time? May be a combination of cab and DART? Also have a bag weighing 42 lb + a back pack (around 10 lb).

The Lovers Lane stop is close to the apartment.

Thx

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

The DART stations I'd recommend would be the Orange Line's Belt Line or Irving Convention Center station. But, the one on BL is fairly desolate and the Irving station is next to a busy highway, but not much else. I make that point in the event the automated ticket machines are mal-functioning - at that hour, you'd probably be alone until you called and waited for another taxi. (There is a shuttle bus that runs from the airport to the BL station. You MAY be able to purchase a DART ticket at the airport(?))

Check the rates on Super Shuttle. It's ride share, but at midnight, that probably won't be a huge issue.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,732 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

Checking out Super Shuttle first for rates is a great idea.

Then 2nd option -a cab.

Taking the Dart will most likely take a long time since it won't be peak hours when trains run more frequently. Plus, you might have to change trains.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 21:30
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

Yea you for being willing to try DART after dark. But I will also recommend a taxi- DART light rail mostly stops running after midnight.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

SuperShuttle estimate is about $31. Since you will likely really be traveling early on a Saturday morning, the DART trip planner shows the first bus at 5:16 A.M and will take about two hours. Probably not the most convenient approach, unfortunately.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 14:55
Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

OK friends, thanks.

I guess will try for the Super Shuttle - else cab it is.

Thx again.

6. Re: DFW to SMU at midnight....options...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 05:19