We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

Save Topic
Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

Hi,

I'm arriving into DFW Terminal E on a weekday in December. I've been looking over the DART and TRE schedules and am getting myself confused. I need to get from DFW to the Aloft Hotel downtown. On the DART website it's saying it'll take over 2 hours and require 2 transfers from Terminal E when I use their trip planner. Can't I just take the airport shuttle to the Centreport/DFW Airport Station where I'll catch the TRE to Union Station and switch over to the Red or Blue line to get off at the Convention Center stop?

I've used a lot of light rail in all my travels, and this seems to be one of the most confusing I've encountered!

Thanks,

S

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

I would check to see if the hotel offers shuttle service. Or I would probably just go ahead and book one of the shuttles from the airport. By the time it takes you to the station you can probably just as easily get to the hotel via the shuttle.

You are right. Our public transportation in Texas leaves a lot to be desired. However, in our defense we do have a lot of territory to cover. We are trying to catch up with some of the other places in the world.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

It seems like a 30 minute car ride should not take 2 hours by public transit. Let's see if this can be done. Step by step. I'll add these links in the order you will need them.

dfwairport.com/transport/public/p1_007746.php

trinityrailwayexpress.org/eastboundweekday.h…

http://dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

aloftdallasdowntown.com/transportation-optio…

If you are one person -it might be better use of your time to take Super Shuttle. Says on the Aloft site that it's only $17/person.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

In recent months, DART has opened it's Orange Line which is more accommodating to DFW airport transfers - though it still requires a bus shuttle transfer from Terminal A to the Belt Line DART station.

In essence, you'll take DFW's Skylink (bi-directional) from Terminal E to Terminal A, take DART shuttle 500 to the Belt Line Station, the Orange Line to downtown's West End Station and transfer to the Red or Blue Line. Still more cumbersome than it should be, but quicker than the TRE.

http://www.dfwairport.com/skylink/index.php (max ride time 9 minutes)

www.dart.org/riding/dfwairport.asp#orangeline

The problem with the TRE is as a commuter rail, it's schedule is set in accordance with rush-hour; ie, during off-peak hours, the train runs less frequently (hourly), so "travel time" is often extended by "wait time".

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
78 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

Using the Orange Line from Belt Line Station, I plan to go down at the Love Field Station. Is there a taxi line or do I have to call for one?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,736 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

The Love Field Dart station is off property from Love Field. Haven't noticed any cabs waiting there. Have Cowboy Cab or Yellow Cab's phone numbers handy.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
78 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

Thanks Pepper Big D.

Will try taxi or catch Bus 39.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

TRE goes to Forth worth. DART goes to Dallas. Get a shuttle to the hotel

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

Actually TRE runs from Fort Worth to Dallas, back and forth, not just to FW. Thanks for giving so much thought to your trip and sharing it on this forum. Many other travellers will benefit from the discussion and information shared here.

9. Re: Getting from DFW Airport to Aloft Hotel Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17